- Experience Level
At the Only One Collective, our purpose is to turn the tide on ocean conservation by connecting people to urgent environmental issues and the communities affected by them, while identifying clear steps that will drive significant change. We do this through our two sister organizations: SeaLegacy and the Only One Platform. We focus on amplifying stories and campaigns that sit at the intersection of ocean health and social justice. We want to redistribute power by making the space we have available to a diverse group of storytellers and activists, prioritizing those whose experiences and narratives are marginalized and whose campaigns could use broad grassroots support to achieve meaningful impact.
The Only One Collective was first established in 2019, and today the organization has twenty full-time employees, across product, design, content, engagement. By partnering with other changemakers in the space, we aim to support innovative solutions that strengthen marine ecosystems and the communities that depend on them most.
The Only One Collective has a sizable existing community, including 10M followers across social media channels, an email list of ~300K, and The Tide, a growing community of ~4K monthly donors committed to supporting ocean solutions.
We’re looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our team as we work to engage our existing community and work to reach new audiences.
OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will report to our Marketing Manager and collaborate closely with our editorial and product teams. You will be responsible for engaging, maintaining and growing our community of supporters across all owned digital channels in addition to supporting digital content needs for key stakeholders and supporting campaign reports under the guidance of the Marketing Manager to inform future work. This is a full-time position.
As the team member who will most regularly interact with our supporters across digital channels, the Community Manager is a critical part of the organization’s mission to educate, engage, and activate diverse communities around ocean conservation. Strong candidates are well-versed and active across social media platforms and related tools and understand how to support the production and distribution of world-class content that maximize the unique attributes and audience reach on each platform. This role requires self-discipline, independent ideation and execution with a strong attention to detail and a proven track record of high quality performance in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Manage day-to-day community engagement and content publishing across organizational-owned digital properties, including website, email, social media channels, and online groups, as well as comments received on social media posts and the email inbox
- Coordinate written and visual content production under the guidance of, and in collaboration with, the broader Editorial Team for publication across digital channels
- Analyze and recommend potential for new channels to reach specific audiences and/or for content partnership consideration (i.e. Facebook Watch, IGTV)
- Assist the Marketing Manager and the Impact Team in the development and distribution of campaign briefs, toolkits and content packages for partners and influencers to encourage broad engagement around major campaign launches and milestones
- Produce regular analytics reports on major campaigns and ongoing growth to inform broader team on progress and successes
- You are active across digital channels.
- You engage regularly on social media and are on-top of the newest campaigns, tools and product features. You know what memes are trending and which brands and creators are producing the most innovative content.
- You understand the unique attributes of each social media platform.
- You know how to produce content and campaigns in a manner that maximizes the reach and product features of each platform. You have relationships with social media product teams that provide a deeper knowledge on how shifts in platforms will impact engagement and content.
- You breathe storytelling and design.
- You understand how powerful good design can be, and you know how to visually and emotionally build, maintain, and evolve a cohesive brand. You have a strong, focused sense of visual style and taste, and you can clearly articulate your design decisions. You are a strong writer and are able to review complex storylines, policies, or solutions and communicate them across digital channels in a way that is simple, interesting, educational and engaging.
- You see the bigger picture.
- You have the strategic prowess to help design digital campaigns and content that leverage our brand, assets, relationships, and opportunities to fuel sustainable growth. You’re able to break a large project into bite-size pieces while always keeping your eye on the big goal.
- You’re obsessed with the details.
- You know when to choose progress over perfection, but you strive for excellence in every little detail. You always wear a creative hat, but you also love the numbers that help you make more intelligent decisions.
- You have a team ethos.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with people who are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges, and demand excellence. We're a small and efficient staff; every person plays an essential role in our organization. You bring humor, humility, and kindness to your work.
- You’re a leader and a learner.
- You're excited to collaborate with other teams and you’re skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people. You enjoy managing and mentoring others. At the same time, you are never done learning and you constantly surround yourself with people you can learn from.
- You get things done.
- You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands. You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work remotely.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fully remote work set up to allow flexibility for your own working style
- Stipends for personal learning developments as well as home office set-up
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 3+ weeks guaranteed PTO
- Unique opportunities for you to spend time in the field (or the ocean!) with our incredible storytellers
At the Only One Collective, we are committed to building a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and identities. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We collect information about our applicants' backgrounds so that we can assess the diversity of our pool of applicants as we seek to build an organization made up of people with a broad range of lived experiences. We believe having a diverse team makes us a better organization, one better positioned to harness the power of storytelling, collective action, and crowdfunding to rebuild ocean life for people and nature.
Read more about our commitment to justice and equity here.