- Position Type
- Full Time
The Cathedral of St. Philip seeks a trustworthy, reliable, hard-working, team player and flexible Sexton, Full-time (40 hours/week), to: maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the church’s building and grounds; perform basic preventative maintenance and repairs; and, daily set up and break down church/rooms for use as needed. The sexton will advise the Facilities Manager of dangers/concerns about the condition and maintenance of buildings and grounds.
Reports to — Facilities Manager
• Cleaning, sweeping, dusting, mopping, shining all building and grounds
• Managing trash and recycling and assuring all waste is properly disposed
• Performing preventive and needed maintenance and repairs and reporting malfunctions or damage of buildings and grounds and equipment to the Facilities Manager.
• Set up and break down and moving all signage and materials for church events
• Supporting the church and the staff, as needed.
• Waxing floors, cleaning carpet
• Packing and/or moving to relocate items from one room to the next.
The individual in this position must possess the physical and sensory ability necessary to safely and successfully perform all essential job functions and responsibilities. This includes but is not limited to: the ability to safely work with power tools such as drills, saws, floor buffer, and blower. The ability to climb steps and ladders as well as to bend, pull and push. The ability to move and carry objects. The ability to carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
This position is full-time 40 hours/week. The Employee is required to work different shifts which include weekends and some holidays in particular Christmas and Easter.
This position is hourly (non-exempt). Full individual health/dental insurance (fully paid by Cathedral) and 401K retirement plan (6% of salary, plus up to 3% additional match of employee's contribution, fully paid by the Cathedral.
Send resume and cover letter to: Ivory Richardson, irichardson@cathedralATL.org
Please no phone calls. Applications will be considered through April 30, 2021. Finalists will be required to supply references and undergo background checks.