Director of Operations and Finance
- Experience Level
Position Title: Director of Operations and Finance
Reports to: Rector
Job classification: Full-time, Exempt
The Director of Operations for Holy Trinity Episcopal Church is responsible for the business aspects of running the church including human resources, financial administration, property management while ensuring compliance with local regulations and laws, public liaison, and risk management.
Our new Director of Operations and Finance will be an energetic and passionate person who is comfortable with a range of individuals and groups, who will become a part of our community, help us grow in every way and support our knowledge of God. This individual will lead by example of loving our neighbor as ourselves through tolerance, inclusiveness, forgiveness, fun and humor.
- Office Management - runs the day-to-day church operations.
- Oversee and partner with the Holy Trinity staff.
- Hire and evaluate employees in consultation with Rector and Personnel Committees.
- Develop and document policies and procedures regarding office management with Rector and Personnel Committee.
- Assist in recruiting, coordinating, and scheduling volunteers as needed under the direction of Rector and/or committee leadership.
- Financial Responsibilities – partners closely with the church treasurer, bookkeeper and other staff ensuring the church effectively uses funds and meets financial obligations.
- The Accountant (part-time) reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual church budget.
- Oversee, in partnership with the treasurer, all aspects of the church’s finances including the development of financial policies and procedures.
- Manage Church Facilities – property management duties include overseeing the maintenance and security operations of church facilities and maintaining an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Report regularly to Rector, Junior Warden, and building and grounds committee.
- The Sexton (full-time) reports directly to the Director of Operations.
- Develop and document policies and procedures regarding church facilities building usage and rental.
- Oversea the scheduling and use of the church, parish hall and campus.
- Establish and maintain a building access system ensuring 24/7 building security.
- Manages service agreements, contracts and routine maintenance including HVAC, fire prevention and alarm systems.
- Maintain and supervise regular cleaning by Sexton and cleaning service.
- Maintain Relationships – acts as one of the church’s leaders and liaisons and should believe in and demonstrate the church’s teachings in life and work.
- Maintain visibility with parishioners and donors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Rector, Vestry, staff, parishioners and key community leaders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Associate or bachelor’s degree desired
- Minimum of five years in administration
- Knowledge of principles and practices of church or nonprofit administration
- Accounting and or financial training
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organization management and communication skills
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to perform multifaceted projects
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and desire to acquire new skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL TASKS
- Ability to drive a car
- Maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information
- Possess good general mobility and the ability to perform common physical activities
- Exude and maintain a calm professional demeanor in a sometimes fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with diverse populations
Use of sight and auditory senses