- Experience Level
Are you a strategic leader driven by your values, and looking for an opportunity to have a significant impact on youth services systems of care in the Bay Area?
The 3rd Street Youth Center and Clinic is looking for a seasoned professional to serve as its Deputy Director as it expands and deepens its impact. For the incoming Deputy Director, the next several years at 3rd Street Youth Center and Clinic will present a rewarding leadership opportunity in an organization that has built upon its resilience, innovation, and integrity as well as a commitment to diversity and equity.
You are a strategic and inspirational leader with a demonstrated commitment to equity who will continue to inspire, advocate, and innovate to achieve our vision. You should be a confident leader, effective communicator, fiscally and politically savvy. You feel comfortable partnering with the Executive Director to lead an organization that values integrity and collaboration and embraces the diversity of the community we serve. This might include your personal experience within a low-income or immigrant community or experience working for organizations that have an equity focus. This is a full-time, exempt position based in the Bayview Hunters Point area of San Francisco.
Strong candidates will possess many of the following education, skills, and experience:
- Master’s Degree in social services and/or nonprofit management or related field
- Senior management in a comparable nonprofit or public sector organization
- A proven track record at leading sustainable growth and managing change
- Demonstrated capacity to build alliances and sustain collaborative relationships with organizations and communities with diverse cultural, economic, and political needs and perspectives
- The ability to supervise, manage, retain, empower a diverse staff that reflects the communities we serve, as well as maintain a high level of engagement that effectively utilizes their talents.
- Exceptional communication skills including meeting facilitation, consensus building, speaking, writing
In addition, candidates will need to:
- Effectively utilize information technology and database software. Work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support site operations and community events
- Provide their own car, proof of insurance, and a valid CA driver’s license. Pass a criminal background check.
This position is full-time with an annual salary starting at $120,000 and negotiable commensurate with experience, plus a benefits package including medical, dental, vacation, holiday, retirement, professional development, and more!
3rd Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records.
Start date: As soon as possible
Application Review Beginning: April 1, 2021
Deadline for applications: Ongoing until position is filled
Application process: Submit resume and cover letter to www.3rdstyouth.org/careers.