Financial Aid Advisor
- Experience Level
Position Description: Assists in administering Federal Title IV programs. Counseling and advising students and parents on the various financial aid programs, assisting evaluating Financial Aid applications in order to determine student eligibility for various financial aid programs, collecting data, and keeping accurate records.
Major Job-related Duties and Function:
- Under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid, advises and assists students with the federal financial aid application process.
- Utilizes appropriate systems and student data to confirm and track student’s financial aid progress and updates.
- Provides support for the financial aid office. Identify opportunities and solutions that improve current methods and actively participate in change of a constantly evolving organization.
- Advises students both individually and collectively regarding eligibility and responsibilities, program requirements, alternative resources and budgeting.
- Provides financial aid services and information to students, technical analysis, award package and award notification for federal financial aid programs,
- Monitors student's academic progress and upload documents
- Verifies individual financial aid student files for accuracy; determines and reviews appropriate documents needed for financial aid student files. Maintains budget records for financial aid.
- Assists in determining needed supplies and equipment for financial aid programs and orders and receives supplies and equipment ordered. Provides a variety of support duties for financial aid.
- Helps to compile statistical data for various financial aid program reports. Updating data daily and submission of weekly reports.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of files for financial aid students.
- Provides entrance and exit counseling to loan applicants, and performs related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma. Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing federal financial aid programs with 6 months experience.
- Basic administrative and general clerical techniques.
- A minimum of one year's experience in student financial aid at an institution of higher education. Associate degree a plus.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)