- Experience Level
Responsible for all human resources functions including recruiting, on-boarding, benefits administration, payroll processing, personnel file management, and off-boarding. Hands-on position providing support in the day-to-day operations of the organization and general operational and administrative support to the senior management team. Assists with planning and executing internal and external meetings, events, and trainings. Coordinates the materials and planning for all Board meetings and retreats.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the hiring process including recruiting, pre-screening, and interview scheduling.
- On-boards new employees and independent contractors, coordinating the orientation process.
- Manages employee benefits administration, including coordination of annual open enrollment.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, collaborating with managers to ensure time is posted accurately.
- Compiles and manages all personnel files as well as independent contractor files.
- Leads and manages the annual performance evaluation process.
- Updates HR policies/procedures and the employee handbook.
- Maintains current organizational and departmental personnel charts.
- Maintains and distributes current employee directory.
- Responsible for off-boarding terminated employees and independent contractors.
- Coordinates the assembly of reports for all Board meetings and retreats.
- Schedules and manages all Board meetings and retreats.
- Attends all Board meetings and retreats to take the minutes.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of internal and external meetings, retreats, and trainings.
- Provides general operational and administrative support to the senior management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Required/Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in HR required.
- Professional certification (SHRM or HRCI) preferred.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research, presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with other staff, clients, vendors and/or donors.
- Ability to think critically and apply knowledge of best business practices.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Google Drive preferred.
- Ability to work with at-risk client populations (i.e. chronic illness, mental illness, substance abuse, etc.).
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screening test.
- Must possess a valid GA state driver’s license and liability insurance minimums as outlined in CaringWorks Liability insurance coverage policy.