Social and Digital Media Specialist
- Degree Level
The Social and Digital Media Specialist implements the Food Bank brand and objectives through strategy, design, execution and maintenance of all digital, online and social media communications and resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as Food Bank webmaster to ensure a smooth user experience with accurate content and responsive design to enhance user experience and engagement.
- Plan, organize and execute all digital content as a coordinated effort across multiple platforms, including website, social channels, email marketing and online advertising.
- Oversee all social and digital platforms, including planning, strategy, content creation, photo, video, and monitoring online conversations and requests.
- Create a unique "voice" for the Food Bank across all social media channels, while utilizing content that best fits each platform.
- Work with Development department to strategize targeted communications to increase donor engagement and support fundraising efforts, as well as expand outreach to new donor audiences.
- Analyze online user engagement to identify habits and develop strategies to better engage and broaden audience.
- Build and support SEO strategies, including optimizing keywords in content marketing projects and website design.
- Partner with Writer and Editor and Salesforce Administrator to oversee design, layout and sending of electronic communications (e-news, advocacy, e-appeals, mobile marketing etc.).
- Assist in overall paid digital advertising strategy in conjunction with digital agency and internal social channels. Manage Google Grant, SEM and other online advertising.
- Works closely with Design and Digital Marketing Specialist to assist with content collection, including regular visits to distribution sites and Food Bank member agencies to update photo and video archive, as well as capturing Food Bank warehouse and volunteer events.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years managing social media channels and websites within a marketing/communications department.
- Experience developing, executing and measuring social media campaigns.
- An understanding of the strengths and limitations of each social media platform for the organization to achieve desired results.
- Strong technical experience with major social media platforms, back-end website experience, Google Analytics and AdWords, and email creation systems required. We use Pardot.
- Knowledge of HTML and website infrastructure; experience with digital photo/video equipment and graphic design preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to translate data into a compelling written solicitation for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and WordPress.
- Ability to speak effectively and professionally before groups of customers, employees, and the general public demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once in a fast paced, deadline-driven collaborative environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Valid California Driver’s license and insurance and ability to be insured under the Food Bank’s auto insurance.
- Ability to regularly climb stairs.
In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Social and Digital Media Specialist.” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to:
Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
Attn: Human Resources
4010 Nelson Avenue
Concord, CA 94520
For more information about us, please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org
The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.