Associate, Shareholder Engagement
- Position Type
- Full Time
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
Description & Responsibilities
The Associate for Shareholder Engagement on the Investor Network plays a key role in our work with investors on climate change by working with a team including two Managers and the Director of Shareholder Engagement. This position will focus on coordinating and supporting investors who are seeking to improve corporate practices on climate change, renewable energy and environmental governance through engagements with the companies they own. Many of the investors are part of the Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability, a group of more than 175 leading institutional investors with collective assets under management of over $29 trillion. This is a full-time staff position reporting to the Director of Shareholder Engagement.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- With the direction of the Director, develop and oversee the shareholder resolution tracking process, working with relevant Ceres staff and investors to track resolutions, their statuses, corporate commitments and success stories;
- Manage the Investor Portal, including working groups and data tracking, as well as the process for Portal improvements in Salesforce;
- As requested by the Managers or Director, provide data and analysis to help with management of investor work with all parts of Ceres.
- Organize and help facilitate multiple in-person and virtual group meetings and briefings of investors throughout the year, and assist with meeting follow-up;
- Draft memos, letters, blogs, and other materials making the business case for investor and corporate leadership on climate change and related topics;
- Conduct research on the business impacts of climate change; clean energy opportunities, and the public policy context;
- Provide data analysis and data collection support for blogs, reports, and other projects as needed;
- Work with the Ceres Communications Team to draft content for the Ceres Investor Network Portal, newsletter, press releases, reports and other publications;
- Under the direction of the Director or Managers, coordinate, advise and support investors who engage companies on issues related to climate change;
- Support the team by scheduling calls and large group meetings with investors and other stakeholders;
- As requested by the Managers or Director, support the Foundations Team with content on grant proposals, progress reports, and funder outreach;
- Maintain and update project management tools and timelines;
- Organize weekly Engagement Team meetings;
- Coordinate and support special projects and reports, as necessary.
- Minimum of two years, work experience, preferably experience working in investment or nonprofit sectors on sustainability-related issues
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills.
- Knowledge or experience with climate change, energy or sustainability issues, a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative and motivation
- Successful record of organizing and executing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Meeting facilitation and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, one writing sample, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.