NCCPA Governance Administrator - Supporting a Nonprofit Board
- Experience Level
Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019 & 2021 by Modern Healthcare
Location: Temporarily working remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic; with an anticipated transition back into our Johns Creek office in late Spring 2021
Reports To: President & CEO
Who We Are
NCCPA is the only certifying organization for physician assistants in the United States. Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1974, we are dedicated to assuring the public that certified PAs meet established standards of clinical knowledge and cognitive skills upon entry into practice and throughout their careers. All U.S. states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. territories have decided to rely on NCCPA certification as one of the criteria for licensure or regulation of PAs.
Why Work at NCCPA
We get to do meaningful work every day and we enjoy working and having fun together! No wonder we’ve been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019 & 2020 by Modern Healthcare!
The Executive team works diligently to support the work and efforts of the President & CEO, NCCPA's Board of Directors and NCCPA's Leadership Team. We are Strategic Multi-taskers. Expert Communicators. Emotionally Intelligent. Highly Organized. Critical Thinkers. Relationship Builders. This list goes on...
Why Us, Why Now?
As the Governance Administrator, you will serve as the primary liaison to the Board of Directors and work closely with the President & CEO. You will be responsible for board governance and the management of activities that ensure the NCCPA board and committees are equipped to have informed discussions during and between meetings.
How Will You Make a Difference? You will…
- Support the Board of Directors during board-related activities/meetings through a variety of duties including overseeing arrangements for meeting, distributing meeting materials and working with the Meeting/Travel Coordinator and the Executive Administrative Assistant on meeting logistics.
- Provide administrative support for board-related activities/meetings by preparing clear and concise meeting summaries, meeting minutes, agendas, and presentations.
- Maintain current and historical files of NCCPA’s official minutes, bylaws, board service records, governing policies, and other governing documents governance documents on the Shared Drive, Governance’s intranet page, and on Diligent (board software).
- Serve as the lead staff support for the Standing Board Committees and other assigned workgroups and advisory committees.
- Provide support to the NCCPA President, Vice Presidents and Directors by serving as lead staff support for other taskforces and committees.
- Manage the Governance budgets by monitoring the monthly variance reports and reviewing/approving Board Member expense reports.
Hard Skills You Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years or more experience in non-profit governance and supporting a non-profit board.
- Four years or more experience supporting an Executive or group of C-Suite executives.
- Advanced writing, proofreading and editing skills with emphasis on spelling, grammar, and adherence to style specifications.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially in Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Willingness to occasionally work extended hours and to travel when needed (approximately 4 days per quarter, spanning weekends).
Soft Skills You Will Have
- Your proven ability to work as a self-motivated individual as well as a collaborating team member.
- Your highly developed time management skills, systematic approach to organization/planning and keen attention to detail.
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proficiency in diplomacy.
- Your proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate a track record of analyzing and distilling complex information into clear, concise written reports.
- Your ability to cultivate positive, effective professional relationships with Board members, key volunteers and NCCPA employees.
Extra Skills You Can Bring Along
- Master’s degree
- Experience supporting a board of directors and/or volunteer committees
- Experience supporting a corporate secretary
- Experience with knowledge-based governance highlight preferred
- WebEx, Diligent and SharePoint experience
Benefits and Perks for You
- Work/Life Balance
- 37.5-hour workweek, Monday - Friday
- Flexible Work Hours
- Telecommute Days
- Eleven paid holidays
- 19 PTO Days
- Paid Volunteer Day to Make a Difference
- Great Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision with over 70% Employer Contribution
- 100% Employer Paid Group Life Insurance and Short- and Long-term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account for Medical Expenses (100% Employer Funded)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care Expenses
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Contributions and Matching
- Access to Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Aid, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, and Basic Life and AD&D for you, your spouse and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- 24/7 Telehealth
- Fully Stocked Breakroom with Healthy Snacks
- $1,000 Annual Reimbursement for Fitness Clubs & Program Dues
- Up to $240 in Annual Cash Incentives for Staying Active
- $5,250 in Tuition Reimbursements
- 100% Employer Paid Training Opportunities
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.