- Position Type
- Full Time
The First Presbyterian Church of River Forest is a community dedicated to growing in Jesus Christ through worship, prayer, study of the Bible, and service. We are committed to exemplifying God’s love in word and deed by caring for one another, our neighbors, and the world. The staff of First Pres is a ministry team, each bringing their own unique talents to their position and supporting each other in our collective effort to exemplify God’s love to our congregation and surrounding communities.
The Office Coordinator is the central hub of this staff team, knowing the full spectrum of ministry at First Pres and coordinating/facilitating priorities, schedules, logistics, and volunteers across all efforts. Most importantly, the Office Coordinator is the public face of First Pres, welcoming people by exhibiting the love of Christ through daily interaction with members, visitors, and vendors, and providing clear communication and responsiveness to the needs of the congregation and staff.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Desire and ability to work as part of a ministry team
- Desire to serve people irrespective of culture or circumstance
- Innate understanding of the need for discretion and confidentiality
- Outgoing and cheerful personality
- Flexible, get-it-done attitude
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a diverse work load
- Comfortable with recruiting and organizing volunteers
- Ability to analyze daily operations recognizing needs/opportunities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and database functionality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma required, additional education strongly preferred
- Valid US driver’s license
- Coordinate day-to-day operation of the church office
- Administer the church database
- Maintain the central church calendar
- Coordinate staff and congregational communication
- Coordinate registrations for church events
- Oversee contracts, purchase supplies for the church
- Receive and oversee all internal and external requests for building use
- Provide administrative support for the Head of Staff
- Supervise and, together with the Head of Staff, evaluate
- Facilities Director
- Communications Director
COMPENSATION: $37,000 plus benefits
The Office Coordinator is ultimately responsible to the Session (elders of the church) through the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff and the Staff Care Ministry Team. Ministry fruitfulness, effectiveness, responsibilities, and compensation will be reviewed annually.
This is a full-time exempt position.
Direct resumes and all inquiries to Paul Detterman, Senior Pastor at email@example.com