Director of Development
- Degree Level
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports To: Vice President/Chief Development and Marketing Officer
The Development Director’s responsibilities include strategic implementation of the Conservancy’s fundraising initiatives to secure operational and capital investments used to protect, preserve and enhance Piedmont Park. Position will directly manage institutional and corporate support, grant applications and lead the organization’s signature fundraising event, Landmark Lunch. In partnership with and in support of the organization’s President/CEO, VP/ Chief Development & Marketing Officer and members of the Board of Directors and Development Committee(s), position directly interacts with, cultivates and solicits donors and sponsors furthering the achievement of the Conservancy’s nonprofit mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs, manages and implements a wide variety of fundraising tactics to secure contributions from businesses, private foundations and individuals to fund Piedmont Park Conservancy’s annual operations, special projects/events, and capital improvement initiatives of the Conservancy.
- Assists with the development of annual budget, overall fundraising strategy and year-long calendaring of development-related events, initiatives and activities.
- Leads fundraising activities related to annual Landmark Luncheon, including committee, chair, and sponsor relationships.
- Maintains existing and cultivates new and positive relationships between PPC and key constituents representing businesses, private foundations, prospective donors/sponsors and partnering nonprofit organizations.
- Conducts research related to and prepares grant and sponsorship proposals in applying for operational and capital support
- Oversees timely, thorough and successful donor recognition and sponsorship fulfillment efforts. Oversees acknowledgement letter templates and current standards for gift acknowledgement, gift tracking and donor history.
- .Management and supervision of direct reports and/or development and fundraising-related vendors and event committees.
- Secure and plan key fundraising meetings for CDO portfolio, as well as for volunteers and CEO
- Helps the board and resource development committee(s) determine accountabilities for board members and fundraising volunteers and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Assures proper planning including goal setting, strategy identification, benchmarking and evaluation to support fund development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years fundraising experience including experience in five-figure sponsorships, grants and event fundraising.
- Experience managing gala or luncheon style fundraising events with gross revenue of at least $500,000.
- Prior experience managing staff and volunteers required.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to reach revenue goals and KPIs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- High degree of organization and planning, detail orientation and the ability to initiate, implement and maintain effective systems and processes
- Ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work well as part of a team or independently. Must be flexible, able to handle a fast-paced environment and relate well to a wide variety of individuals.
- Proficiency in utilizing donor CRM systems, Microsoft Office and Google Shared tools.
Physical demands are limited to those associated with standard office and event environments.