Customer Success Manager
- Experience Level
American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a certified B-Corporation that provides educational software and technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 4.5 million paroled in the U.S. APDS provides tablet-based education solutions for incarcerated learners and returning citizens in order to create better outcomes through individualized education, rehabilitation, and reentry programming to prepare them for a successful reentry to society. Investments in correctional education improve outcomes, reduce recidivism, and make correctional facilities safer for both staff and those who are incarcerated. APDS’s business model is to never charge incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services. Our products and services are deployed in over 90 facilities across 17 states and growing.
Learn more at www.apdscorporate.com
American Prison Data Systems is seeking an experienced Customer Success Manager to join our Sales Team, serving as the primary point of contact on all aspects of helping key strategic customers realize the full benefit of the APDS solution deployed in their jurisdiction. Our education solutions empower incarcerated learners to use a robust suite of educational, therapeutic, and job training services to further their education, improve their lives, and prepare for a successful reentry to society.
The CSM will partner with the staff and leadership of designated jurisdictions to ensure seamless user experience along with program guidance. They will provide high level support for the deployed APDS tablets, assist the jurisdiction in management of their tablet fleet, provide content expertise in how to use the APDS partner programs in the jurisdiction, propagate best practices, and analyze outcome and program data to ensure the success of the program and customer satisfaction.
- Location: New York City or remote
- Reports to: Director, Customer Support
- Travel: 5 - 10%
Key Outcomes for Success in this Role
- Increase clients’ usage of existing programming and facilitate adoption of additional features and APDS services.
- Ensure contract renewals and identify opportunities for potential contract expansion within the key jurisdiction.
- Strengthen relationships with customer staff and leadership through weekly meetings and strong, open lines of communication resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction with the service provided by APDS.
- Serve as primary contact for customers (staff and leadership in jurisdictions) to access APDS services, training, support, implementation, and sales.
- Provide quarterly business reviews both internally and externally to client stakeholders on the status of the account and meet metrics based on account performance, client satisfaction, retention and functionality adoption.
- Proactively identify, and address, high level, technical issues with the support staff as quickly as possible and escalate major issues to senior leadership.
- Maintain and demonstrate the ability to manage customer relationships from the client executive team through to front line leadership.
- Run weekly meetings with the client leadership and support staff to manage overall program success.
- Assist the staff (internal and external) in on-boarding new users, tablet provisioning process, troubleshooting, and ensuring all programs are in technical working order on the tablet when necessary.
- Monitor end-user data usage and provide monthly reports to client leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in customer support.
- Strong organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail, able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and issues through to successful completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication - able to communicate effectively with all levels of correctional staff and convey a strong customer-service orientation.
- General technical fluency with hardware and mobile devices, including tablet computers and technologies utilized by this role, including: Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, Airwatch, MS Excel, learning management systems, and APDS-developed systems.
- Willingness to operate in correctional environments with incarcerated individuals and correctional staff, and alignment with the APDS mission and strong belief in the power of rehabilitation.
Basic Expectations for all APDS Employees
- Belief in APDS’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve the life chances of incarcerated learners and returning citizens.
- Be on time for work; notify appropriate people if you will not be at work during your regular schedule
- Be on time for meetings with staff and clients.
- Follow up on things on your plate; don’t expect others to remind you. Trust others to do the same.
- Take initiative if you realize something needs to be taken care of. We are a team; either do it yourself, or communicate with someone else about it.
- Clear, concise, and timely communication is essential.
- Respond to emails and voicemails promptly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.