- Position Type
- Contract / Freelance
Be A Hero PAC is a national progressive organization that works tirelessly to advocate for a more fair and just healthcare system in the United States. Founded in 2018, Be A Hero has grown rapidly and helped shape the dialogue for healthcare advocacy and accountability in America.
With a remote team across the country, we support and advance the state-based and national fight for Medicare for All, opposition to Big Pharma, progressive COVID policy, and a host of other progressive issues. We operate through a model of empowering local progressive infrastructure through meaningful, long-term partnerships to take collective action to change national policy and politics.
Be A Hero is seeking organizers to support building a statewide movement for the passage of the California Single Payer legislation “CalCare.” We are looking for someone who is passionate about health and economic justice and understands the power of grassroots organizing. The ideal candidate will be an experienced organizer who values relationship building, progressive values and being a team player. This will be a 4-month short term contract position, it will be remote, with the likely option to extend. The compensation will be equivalent to a monthly retainer of $6000-$7000, depending on availability and experience.
- Organizer will own all direct relationships with volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Identify, recruit, and train volunteer leaders to hold phone banks, text banks, and lead other actions to grow the movement for CalCare.
- Hold weekly training sessions with new volunteers on text banking, phone banking, and content amplification apps.
- Hold weekly or bi-weekly Zoom meetings to manage volunteer leaders and maintain strong relationships.
- Recruit District Leaders to lead volunteer teams in targeted areas across the state.
- Organizers will hold volunteers accountable to agreed upon volunteer team goals through positive, collaborative and inspirational communication/motivation.
- Work with the larger BAH team to identify opportunities and challenges on-the-ground and proactively solve them.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- At least one election cycle of organizing experience is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of advocacy technology including: VoteBuilder, EveryAction, or SmartVAN, ThruText, ThruTalk, or similar
- Proficiency with Zoom, Google Suite and Excel preferred
- Good sense of humor and a strong interest in and commitment to progressive values
- Ability and desire to work flexible hours accommodating working hours on the west coast.
Interested candidates should submit a brief cover letter, resume, and three references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “Organizer.”
Be A Hero is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a strong commitment to the values of equal justice and a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that is safe and welcoming to all. We believe that all institutions should more fully reflect the world we live in and commit to doing that in our organization. We strongly urge anyone who shares our commitment to equality, justice, and freedom for all regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, military status, or ethnicity to apply.