Project Manager - IT
- Degree Level
Founded in 1950, St. Anthony’s provides food, clothing, shelter, medical care, technology access, addiction recovery services, job training, and other critical resources to people experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty. Every day, with dignity and respect, we support and are supported by thousands of San Franciscans. Join us in creating a future where all people flourish.
This position supports multiple internal projects to ensure successful completion. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of small to medium-sized IT projects, from requirements gathering to implementation, end-user training and wrap-up. This position requires experience managing varied tasks, excellent teamwork skills, excellent customer service skills, and a commitment to follow-through. The ideal candidate will be flexible, well-organized and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Some evening or weekend work may be required.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects from start to completion.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, when this is not possible, provide justification and communicate issues in advance of deadline.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Set realistic time expectations, to ensure availability of staff for successful completion.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress utilizing shareable software to communicate to project benefactors.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate project obstacles or issues to management as needed.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders, providing superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Perform risk management in advance of project start to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Train end users in new systems.
- At the conclusion of each project, provide a summary of the project including issues, evaluate lessons and information gained to avoid potential pitfalls.
- Bachelor’s degree desired or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ project management experience.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (Office 365, Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with SharePoint desired.
- Experience with Project Management tools – MS Project, Basecamp, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
- Experience with budget preparation and planning expenses.
- Successful track record in managing small to medium-sized projects.
- Excellent internal communication skills and a commitment to proactive communication are required to be successful in this key position.
- Performance-driven approach to tasks, with high standards and a proven ability to achieve established goals and milestones.
- Self-starter with positive energy, resilience, and commitment to excellence in project delivery.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize tasks and effectively communicate with co-workers when a delaying issue arises.
- Detail/deadline oriented with a commitment to data integrity and quality of work.
- Positive and open-minded approach to managing projects, transferring knowledge via training and providing ongoing support to constituents throughout St. Anthony Foundation.
- Ability to create a collaborative and supportive customer service-oriented environment to meet the demands of a fast-paced setting with many internal customers.
- Flexible, open to new ideas, project implementation strategies and management guidance.
- Commitment to issues of social justice and to St. Anthony Foundation’s Statement of Values.