SENIOR DIRECTOR OF INNOVATION & PARTNERSHIPS
- Experience Level
Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) is seeking an innovation ecosystem rock star who wants to take their career to the next level by building, implementing and managing programs that connect our members, sponsors and partners with TAG’s experiences, programs and events. They will guide the strategy to grow engagement and enhance experiences across TAG’s offerings including society engagement and connecting people with TAG’s mission.
If you are a growth oriented digital-marketer willing to experiment and take risks and are revenue and customer-focused then this is the right role for you.
The role of the Sr. Director of Innovation & Partnerships
This TAG team member is responsible for growing engagement and enhancing experiences of our members by matching our programs with their highest interests. Tactics will include: understanding TAG member personas, creating personalized experiences at scale, utilizing physical, in-person events and digital assets to connect members with TAG’s value proposition. The ultimate goal is to provide great value to our members, sponsors and partners that translates into higher member engagement, growth and partnerships that extend TAG’s brand.
TAG’s 20+ Societies, 5 Chapters across the state and our digital assets are how TAG’s members engage and the tools you’ll have to enhance experiences and achieve your goals. Working with TAG’s Leadership Council - the Chairs of TAG’s Societies - to extend TAG’s mission, priorities and communications to the broader base of volunteers and beyond.
This is a salaried position with full benefits.
A Day in the Life...
- You'll connect with our corporate members with opportunities at TAG and make sure our corporate members are fully utilizing their membership benefits
- You’ll work with our volunteer leadership and members to make sure that TAG policies and guidelines are being met while providing opportunities for creativity are being provided
- Use data, analytics and KPIs to guide decision-making, priorities and budget
- Understand TAG ideal persona and CRM to develop brand/content strategy and execution points that resonate
- You'll constantly look for new channels to unlock membership value through a data-driven approach to make our brand stand out
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to create compelling content and social engagement (blogs, email/landing page copy, white papers, supporting assets, collateral, etc.) that resonate with our customer and members
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Connecting in a Physical World with a Digital Mindset
- Strong understanding of TAG’s value propositions and services and how to connect members and teams with those opportunities
- Understanding the member journey, personas and member segmentation
- Strong operations skillset, volunteer management and motivation
- How to scale opportunities to match the needs of many
- Developing the digital tactics to be used to achieve our goals
- Knowledge of the technologies that should be applied to put TAG at the forefront of collaboration connectedness
- Hard-working self-starter able to navigate a fast-paced environment while still providing attention to detail and approaching tasks conscientiously
- A passion for staying current on future marketing trends and being involved in the local marketing community
- Ability to manage a P/L, grow revenue, manage expenses and budgeting
- Success will be measured by satisfaction/engagement (membership renewals) and revenue growth (new members)
- Strong personal digital tool kit – communication and creating connections are critical
- Strong analytical skills and data skills to develop actionable insights and plans
- Experience writing B2B content, both short-form (social media, blogs) and long-form (ebooks, white papers, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attend many evening events (we do over 200 annually) and some travel statewide
- Create detailed reports of why members downgrade or dissolve their membership at the Corporate Membership level
- Create process maps and project plans for the Membership Engagement team.
- Ability to analyze existing membership trends from data and member feedback, identify market trends then build an engagement plan that maximizes engagement resulting in an elevated retention rate.
- Streamline the process for billing to minimize them receiving computer-initiated emails. Create a more personal touch for members to call upon you for any questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 + years volunteer management and community building
- BA or BS Degree
- Strong data/analytical skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter, capable of taking initiative
- Manage detailed record keeping requiring extensive computer knowledge and office skills, including proficiency in the use of MS Outlook, calendar and email, MS Word, and MS Excel, and the ability to learn the membership database and task management system
- Willing to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends