- Experience Level
The International Funders for Indigenous Peoples (IFIP) is the only global network dedicated to promoting Indigenous solutions and partnerships among Indigenous Peoples and funders around the globe. IFIP influences funders to practice a new paradigm of giving based on Indigenous values “The Four R’s of Indigenous Philanthropy” —Respect, Reciprocity, Responsibility and Relationships. IFIP’s objective is to transform, increase, and ensure equitable funding to Indigenous-led organizations and to issues of importance to Indigenous Peoples.
IFIP seeks a mission-driven, motivated individual to join IFIP’s growing team as Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant will contribute to the operational effectiveness of the organization by supporting administrative, bookkeeping, and maintenance of CRM database for overall efficiency of operations functions. This position offers an opportunity to be part of a team that works with a range of stakeholders in the philanthropic sector, including members and Indigenous partners. Understanding of, and respect for, Indigenous Peoples communities is essential for the position. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will focus on administrative support, some bookkeeping and accounts reconciliation, CRM data management and maintenance, grants management, and program logistical support. This position must exercise flexibility, effective time management and be able to multitask. IFIP staff and board work virtually with in-person meetings happening throughout the year. Our members and partners are based across the globe in different time zones requiring flexible work schedule.
Administrative and Bookkeeping Coordination
- Serve as primary, front-line contact for the organization; handle inquiries via phone, email, answer questions and/or direct them to the appropriate staff member(s) as needed.
- Provide office and data management support for digital filing systems, computer systems, correspondence, office supplies, and for all telecommunications and voice systems.
- Coordinate with accountant and assist with processing and coding of payment requests, receipts, travel expense reports, and other bookkeeping needs.
- Oversee maintenance of computer equipment, support troubleshooting and work with Information Technology and CRM vendors to resolve issues.
- Coordinate IFIP team meetings, including scheduling, hosting and agenda development in conjunction with staff. Maintain organization’s calendar.
- Assist Executive Director on drafting contracts and reports, Board meetings, and calendar management.
Membership, Donors, and Partnerships
- Serve as the lead staff to maintain the CRM including data management and liaise with CRM vendor for improvements and staff training.
- Ensure that information on members and donors is kept up to date and organized. Updates and monitors CRM and member email lists and prepares reports as appropriate including information for accounting records.
- Process and monitor online sources of donations; enter and process membership dues and coordinate with IFIP staff on membership invoicing and records. Reconcile donation transactions with accountant in coordination with relevant staff.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, support and maintain donor grant applications, from application to submission, to reporting timelines and requirements, and to preparation of grant reports.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for in-person and virtual meetings, events, and conferences, including setting up registration, preparing and printing materials, sourcing event supplies, coordinating with vendors, and monitoring event registration.
- Support creation of newsletters, social media posts, network announcements, online surveys and other methods of data collection.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Skillful administrative and remote office methods, people centered design, procedures development, and operating policies.
- Knowledge of cloud information storage and retrieval systems and project management tools.
- Knowledge of constituent record management (CRM) databases. Work to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and maintain accurate records and files.
- Strong technical proficiency with remote meeting software such as Zoom and cloud software such as Office 365 and Google Suite to perform word processing, spreadsheet, and other specialized functions as well as experience in social media technology including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Effective, demonstrated communication skills in written, oral, electronic and social media. Excellent interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and also as part of a team with ability to problem solve and troubleshoot for solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and monitor progress towards goals with attention to detail and on-time delivery of high-quality products.
- Bilingual in English and a second language (Spanish, Portuguese)
- College coursework in business management or non-profit administration and/or a related field or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in providing operations and administrative support, experience with CRMs, and digital document and data management.
- Prior experience in philanthropy or non-profit is preferred, but more important is enthusiasm for serving and elevating IFIP’s mission and global network.
- Familiarity in planning, coordinating, and executing events and meetings.
- Ability to work flexible hours.