7 days left
- Experience Level
Evolve Oakland is a vibrant community of socially engaged people who are committed to
creating a better world. We enable purpose-driven people to grow and thrive by creating access
to transformative ideas, supportive relationships, serendipitous encounters, coupled with
business and life expertise. We provide an onramp for diverse populations to incubate new
mission-driven businesses, and create local jobs and global solutions. This is a place of
convergence where people who are creating a thriving, just and sustainable world come to
co-work, co-learn and collaborate.
Position Title: Operations Coordinator
We are looking for a friendly, outgoing addition to our team who is equally comfortable
interacting with our member community, as well as making sure that the space and all of the
systems are functioning smoothly so that everyone has what they need for a seamless and
productive experience. This position is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all of
our operational systems and processes, and being the point of contact with vendors and
service providers that repair, service and supply our business. This is a great position for
someone with operations experience, who is interested in learning about the runnings of a
co-working space and supporting the infrastructure that makes Evolve Oakland such an
awesome place. The following will be part of this position’s daily activity:
The Basics - Space & Systems
Maintaining and troubleshooting our systems, and maintaining vendor relationships to keep the
building and space operating smoothly.
● Monitoring and troubleshooting system issues (e.g. wifi, power, security, building
systems, etc), and serving as the point of contact for the Property Manager, IT Service
Provider, or other vendor to get everything back online.
● Maintaining a clean, temperature consistent, energy efficient space
● If needed, developing temporary workarounds to provide minimal disruption of services
to our members and guests.
● Managing a small team of Work-trade volunteers to keep the space functional and in
● Working with the Evolve Oakland staff to ensure they have supplies needed for proper
and complete setup of coworking space and event rentals (including privacy booths and conference rooms).
● Maintaining smooth and efficient flow of all supplies, resources, and materials needed to
operate the business, as well as outputs such as waste.
● Managing, maintaining and procuring physical assets such as furniture and fixtures
● Managing and maintaining security systems for building access including keys and
access systems, security alarms and camera systems
Private Offices & Dedicated Spaces
● Responding to new private office & dedicated space inquiries, and directing people to fill
out the waiting list
● Negotiate new/renewal private office agreements, and dedicated spaces including rates,
and amenities with final draft approval by the CEO.
● Managing shared offices & fielding requests to share offices
● Managing all aspects of office and dedicated space onboarding and offboarding with key
Evolve Oakland staff (e.g. Host team, Billing)
● Coordinating with office members to provide cleaning and repairs as needed
● Scheduling staff meetings and maintaining the organization calendar
● Recording petty cash and receipts
● Organizing documents and folders for the organization
● General errands such as running to the post office
● Maintaining usernames and passwords for all organizational accounts
Vendors & Suppliers
● Responsible for procurement and vendor relationships related to facilities, systems, and
security management, hiring and removal of vendors
● Responsible for negotiating deals with suppliers and vendors to reduce operating
● Developing and implementing cost cutting initiatives related to energy and resource
● Overseeing inventory and supply ordering
● Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Successful candidates will be/have:
● Must be 21 years or older (because there will be events where alcohol is served that will
need require your attention)
● Significant experience and history of delivering excellent customer service is required.
Hospitality experience is a plus.
● A physically appealing and clean presentation on a daily basis. (i.e. hair, body and
● Organized and detail-oriented
● Computer proficient with experience with basic computer platforms (gmail, excel, word,
Google drive, etc.). Willing to learn new platforms without hesitation.
● Mastery of English-language with effective in-person communication and online
● Creative problem solver willing and able to work independently and collaboratively.
Takes joy in working collaboratively with all Evolve Oakland team members and
understands that it takes everyone working together to create an exceptional member's
experience and a successful business.
● General handy person skills useful to an active workspace
● Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment with five to ten unique events per week
● Interest in Social Enterprise and other change sectors
● Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds and be able to walk up and down stairs
Work Schedule & Arrangements: Part-time position (30 hour max per week). Early morning,
evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
Reports to: CEO
How to Apply? Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline for
applications is March, 29, 2021.
Evolve Oakland is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value on workforce
diversity. We want to have the best available person in every job. Evolve Oakland policy
prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status,
registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other
consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful
discrimination against a person who is perceived to have any of those characteristics, or is
associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.