Business Manager - Sacred Heart Apostolic School
7 days left
- Experience Level
The mission of Sacred Heart Apostolic School is to provide integral formation (spiritual, human, academic and apostolic) for junior high and high school boys considering a call to the priesthood in the Legion of Christ. We provide personal accompaniment in a healthy and supportive environment that enables them to mature, discern and respond to their potential call to a religious vocation.
The Business Manager is responsible for a high and professional level of technical knowledge, skills, and abilities to manage the administrative functions of the School and manage staff. Direction and assignments will be received from the Principal without specific instructions and responses and solutions are expected through the exercise of judgment gained through education, training, and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consult and coordinate with the Principal concerning all administration and business needs especially, legal issues, reporting of accidents affecting insurance and possible liability.
2. Manage and supervise the material needs and services.
3. Manage the storage, allocation, and distribution of school’s physical assets, including buildings and vehicles.
4. Maintain the school’s compliance with local building and fire code requirements.
5. Supervise all record keeping.
6. Manage and supervise employment, safety, health, safe environment and operations policies.
7. Manage and supervise maintenance and upkeep of facilities, systems and equipment.
8. Coordinate annual budget preparation.
9. Prepare annual budget and monthly financial and administrative reports with support from accountant.
10. Coordinate the annual financial audit
11. Manage overall cash flow such as accounts payable, accounts/tuition receivable, disbursements, bank deposits, and petty cash, and bank reconciliation.
12. Manage the tuition assistance award process
13. Coordinate the hiring and onboarding process for new hires.
14. Manage all aspects relating to human resources such as the implementation, tracking and recording of benefits and wellness programs; payroll; employee files; employee performance reviews, discipline and terminations; application of employee handbook. Some aspects are coordinated with the national HR.
15. Setup and maintain proper insurance coverages such as general liability, property damage, building damage, sexual misconduct, employment practice liability, auto, corporal, life, retirement plan, health, etc. in coordination with the national plan.
16. Any other projects and duties assigned from time to time.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal | REPORTS TO: Principal and Rector
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR: Accountant, Maintenance Department, Kitchen staff and Janitorial Staff
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration or similar field required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years in business required.
Minimum of five years in business management required, with at least three years in a specialized field of business, accounting or administration.
Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and manage stressful situations in a professional manner.
Nonprofit experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP accounting system a plus.
• Appreciation for the Catholic Faith, Regnum Christi, and the Legionaries of Christ
• Ability to solve problems
• Ability to anticipate needs, establish priorities, project and positive attitude and exercise a high level of professionalism.
• Flexibility to be available for programming on evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Ability to synthesize complex issues to the essential and present them in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to be detail oriented, and to work independently.
• Strong skills in organizing, multi-tasking and following through in a busy, changing environment with little direct supervision.
• Ability to understand, speak, and write in Spanish preferable
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience for the professional who is motivated and highly skilled; excellent PTO; healthcare, 401k retirement plan with company match.
With Business Manager – Sacred Heart in the subject line, qualified individuals should email: (a) a meaningful cover letter; (b) compensation expectations; and (c) resume to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/b3f8b85e-9a86-49d5-a7b8-3f7c85dd602d/Sacred-Heart-Apostolic-School-Inc.