Major Giving and Corporate Relations Manager
6 days left
- Experience Level
Tilth Alliance works in community with Washington farmers, gardeners and eaters to build a sustainable, healthy and equitable food future. Through our work we promote and support the adoption of organic, regenerative, sustainable growing practices by farmers and gardeners throughout Washington; we work to make the food produced by these farmers and gardeners more accessible; and we educate and inspire people to enjoy growing, cooking, and eating food that is both good for them, for their communities, and for the environment. The primary strategies we employ in this effort are advocacy, education and collaboration. Equity, inclusion and advancing a culture of anti-oppression are important outcomes expected of all the work we do.
The Major Giving and Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for creating and implementing a successful major gifts and foundation grants program, including crafting cultivation strategies, developing lasting relationships with past and prospective major donors and foundation stakeholders, tracking giving activity, and overseeing grant reporting. The position is also responsible for building and stewarding relationships with new and existing business partners for program underwriting and sponsorship of Tilth Alliance’s major events. The Major Giving and Corporate Relations Manager is a member of the Advancement Team and will work closely with the Executive Director.
Major Gifts and Foundation Relations (60%)
- Manage portfolio of major donors (annual giving of $500+), including developing and implementing ongoing stewardship and retention strategies.
- Work to identify, cultivate and enroll potential donors in the major gifts category and solicit major gifts in partnership with the Executive Director and Board Development Committee.
- Incorporate planned giving and endowment into fund development strategic plan and begin to target potential planned giving opportunities.
- Identify, cultivate and steward relationships with foundation donors and stakeholders, including donor cultivation events.
- Participate in the preparation of grant proposals and reports as necessary, and serve as the primary point of contact for foundation gifts.
Corporate Relations (30%)
- Contribute to the creation and planning of special events, especially in terms of how to use events as a platform for engaging business partners.
- Develop sponsorship packages and work in collaboration with Tilth Alliance’s Outreach and Engagement Officer and Events Coordinator to secure organizational support.
- Cultivate new and existing business partnerships for program-specific and unrestricted support.
- Collaborate across the organization on stewarding corporate relationships, taking on a leadership role in ensuring support at any level is recorded in constituent relationship database (Salesforce).
Team and Organizational Collaboration (10%)
- Assist and advise Tilth Alliance’s board of directors in fundraising issues including procurement, cultivation, stewardship, and ethical standards.
- Participate in the creation of annual development budget alongside the Executive Director and Advancement Team managers.
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
- Self-directed, able to work independently and collaboratively. Enjoys working for and with a diverse staff that support the organization's growth, and demonstrates a strong commitment to racial equity and social justice. Passion for creating a resilient, ecologically sound, equitable food system.
- Ability to build strong relationships and cultivate impactful opportunities that build meaningful partnerships and create shared value.
- Experienced professional with a nonprofit fundraising background including grant writing, proposal writing, campaign planning and implementation, and major donor cultivation and management
- Strategic thinker, capable of maintaining a sense of perspective, adaptability and humor through challenge, uncertainty and change
- Strong computer, organizational and time management skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Understands the big picture aims of the organization, and its individual initiatives and programs. Takes actionable steps towards achieving strategic goals in order to realize a long-term vision
This is a full-time, exempt position. Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401K, paid time-off and sick leave. This position is based at the Good Shepherd Center in Seattle although is currently remote.
How to Apply
No phone calls please. Submit a letter of interest and resume outlining 1) your experience with the qualifications listed above and 2) why you are interested in this position. Email all materials to email@example.com with the subject "Major Giving Manager.” This position is open until filled.
Tilth Alliance is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is essential to achieving our mission. Tilth Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Women, people of color, and individuals from under-represented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.