Communications and Marketing Internships
- Position Type
Spring 2020 Internship – Marketing and Development Office at the Piedmont Park Conservancy
The Piedmont Park Conservancy is now accepting applications for a communications intern! The Conservancy's Marketing and Development team raises awareness about the public-private partnership between our nonprofit and the City of Atlanta. We inform the public about the necessity of this partnership as well as the need for them to get involved, whether that means becoming a member, volunteering, donating or engaging in one of our programs. The Communications Intern will aid our team to tell the story of the Conservancy, and how we make an impact on Piedmont Park and the surrounding communities. This position reports to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations.
- Content writing to include blogs, emails, press releases, social media posts and more
- Content staging to include Wordpress blogs, Hootsuite social media scheduling and potentially other software applications
- Content curation through photography, videography and digital sourcing.
- Use of simple Canva design software
- Content will relate to Conservancy efforts, announcements or Piedmont Park topics of interest, reviewed by Director.
- All training will be provided for software use
- Additional tasks may occasionally include:
- Event preparation
- In-person solicitation and raising awareness (booths, talking to people)
- Unpaid internship – 15 hours a week, over a minimum of three days. There will be occasional needs for up to 5 additional hours for events or promotions. Hours are flexible to university/college schedule and can be adjusted to meet program requirements. Depending on the relevancy of COVID-19, you may have a mix of remote and in-park work.
- Starting May 19, 2021 and ending August 6, 2021. Exact length may be determined by university/college requirements, if applicable.
- Four months of paid or unpaid relevant experience; can be through volunteer efforts
- Must own a laptop that can be used for the duration of the internship
- Must be a currently enrolled junior, senior, graduate student, or no more than one year past graduation
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be able to pass an e-verification and background check
- Superb writing skills – prefers knowledge of AP style writing
- Attention to detail
- Creative mind and spirit
- Comfort with talking to and soliciting strangers
- Submit a 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) two writing samples to Amy Han Risher, Director of Marketing, Communications and Public Relations via email: firstname.lastname@example.org