- Experience Level
Rize Beyond is committed to empower, encourage, and teach adults the strategies to overcome barriers and succeed, starting with getting their GED.
We assist adults who have dropped out of high school and provide them with the level of support they need, not only to get their GED, but to also achieve their goals to self-sufficiency. In our work, Rize Beyond focus is education, support, mindset and empowerment. We know that an empowered adult is aware of their weaknesses and setbacks and does what they can to turn them into their strengths and capabilities. We emphasize that their past is not their future and that they can achieve the goals they set.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Board of Directors support the work of Rize Beyond and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Rize Beyond’s Chief Executive Officer, the Board’s and CEO’s relationship is a partnership and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
The Board will:
- Establish policies for administering the program and services that are in harmony with the purpose of the organization.
- Employ, assist, evaluate and support the CEO.
- Secure funds required for current expenses by organizing and assisting in fundraising and funding efforts.
- Ensure that the financial affairs of the organization are conducted on a responsible basis in accordance with established policies.
- Attend Board meetings
- Become well informed on all agenda items prior to scheduled meetings.
- Contribute knowledge, express points of view based on experience and take initiative.
- Consider other points of view, make constructive suggestions and help the Board make group decisions reflecting the thinking of the total group.
- Regular attendance at selected committee meetings, as well as board training and seminars.
- Board Members will consider Rize Beyond a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority (give/get).
- Assume leadership in organization funding efforts, when possible.
- Assume board leadership responsibilities as requested and when possible (such as committee chairperson, elected officer, etc.).
- Represent the organization at community events, organizations, and with private individuals.
- Be informed about the organizations programs, policies and services, as well as the needs of the community, society, and constituents.
TERM OF OFFICE:
This position is for a term of one (1), two (2) or three (3) years and renewable each term. Rize Beyond Board Members must continue to meet attendance, monetary, and participation requirements. The time commitment for individual Board duties is estimated at 2-10 hours a month, depending on the time of year and if the Board Member is part of the executive committee. Board meetings will be held quarterly. Service on Rize Beyond Board is without compensation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about Rize Beyond’s mission. Selected Board Members will have leadership qualities and experience in education, business, government, psychology, medical, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
Experience in education, business, government, psychology, medical, philanthropy or the nonprofit sector. A commitment to and understanding of Rize Beyond’s beneficiaries, preferably based on education and/or experience. A natural attraction for cultivating relationships, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse adults. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Rize Beyond’s beneficiaries.
- Business Development & Fundraising
- Grant Writing & Research Knowledge
- Community Engagement
- Resource Development/Management
- Nonprofit Law
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Volunteer jobs in Lawrenceville
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Volunteer jobs in Lawrenceville
- Education / Teaching Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Volunteer jobs in Lawrenceville
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Volunteer jobs in Lawrenceville
- Executive / Senior Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Volunteer jobs in Lawrenceville