Student Recruitment Coordinator
7 days left
- Position Type
Time: 5 hours per week
Location: Flexible within the U.S.
ESW is striving to have a measurable impact on 100 communities a year (and 500 a year by 2030) and your role is crucial in attracting and selecting new universities, who are eager to participate and create more sustainability initiatives across the globe.
The Student Recruitment Coordinator will work within the Student Membership Department to recruit and onboard new student chapters. This includes researching universities with the potential to have a strong ESW chapter, reaching out and interacting directly with potential student members, and supporting and guiding those potential student members in the process of becoming a chapter. The Student Membership Department is composed of the Student Members Director, the New Chapter Development Director and several Chapter Relations Coordinators who work together closely to ensure that ESW chapters are well supported and recognized for their work and dedication.
This position is flexible, and can accommodate work and school schedules. To apply, please send your resumé/CV to email@example.com. Feel free to add a short "Why me" (up to 150 words), as we would love to know you better! Please contact us with any questions you may have as well.
About Engineers for a Sustainable World
Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW) is a non-profit dedicated to empowering engineers to tackle sustainability challenges. We believe that engineers, and anyone who loves to solve problems, are key to solving today's biggest sustainability challenges. Founded in 2002, ESW is an international network of over 1,750 members and more than 45 collegiate chapters working to build a more sustainable world through technical hands-on projects. Since its founding, ESW has supported over 300 chapter-led projects in 12 countries and 23 states and Canadian provinces.
The Student Recruitment Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working with the New Chapter Development Director to research universities with the potential to have an ESW chapter
- Contacting and meeting with potential student members
- Overseeing the potential students members progress on the path to becoming a chapter
- Working with the Chapter Relations Coordinators to ensure smooth and successful onboarding of student chapter
- Working with the New Chapter Development Director to create content to enhance the process of becoming an official ESW chapter.
- Attending weekly meetings with the New Chapter Development Director
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, presentation and people skills with an ability to balance priorities
- Experience working in recruitment
- Experience using digital tools such as Google Suite, Slack, and video conference (we use Zoom)
- Able to work well both independently, establish and meet deadlines, prioritize tasks
- Passion for sustainability and technical problem solving
- Comfortable working effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and goals
- Comfortable working in a remote, virtual team environment
- Comfortable working in a dispersed team across multiple time zones
ESW does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or economic background. Further, we strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented identities to apply, including identities not explicitly named above. If there are any considerations or qualifications not acknowledged in our job description that you feel are important and relevant to this position, we encourage you to bring them to light in your application.