6 days left
- Experience Level
California WIC Association (CWA) is seeking a new team member to serve as the Administrative Coordinator.
The Administrative Coordinator ensures that the CWA Office runs smoothly and efficiently and provides and oversees administrative support for all CWA meetings, conferences, and other projects. The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Administrator but works with all staff to ensure that Association goals and objectives are accomplished in a timely and professional manner. The non-exempt position is full time (40 hours per week) with excellent benefits.
We are looking for someone who is interested in the well-being of young, low-income families to be a member of our team. This position provides a sense of accomplishment by supporting the California WIC program through our state association initiatives. You will get to know hundreds of WIC staff and public health partners across California through CWA’s working partnerships. Your day will be busy and include a variety of tasks. You will work with our small but mighty team where we value hard work, team support and laughter.
Compensation & Benefits:
The salary range is $17/hour - $24/hour commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental and vision care, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, a 403B plan with an 5% retirement employer contribution, cell phone stipend, and self-care reimbursement.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Administrator, your supervisor.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced office.
- Use all Microsoft applications for a variety of job responsibilities.
- Use Zoom, learn online registration and conference programs, limited Word Press skills, and other programs as needed.
- Answer or direct phone calls, emails, mail delivery.
- Assist in managing invoices, payments, bills and financial tasks.
- Assist in continuing education units for attendees at conferences and events.
- Perform a number of tasks, such as registration, for event planning.
What we will expect from you:
- At least 2 years of comparable experience.
- Ensure that the CWA office, located in West Sacramento, runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Manage interactions with all levels of management, staff, organizations, and vendors with effective verbal and written skills.
- Planning, organizing, and implementing your work responsibilities timely.
- Being flexible when a shift in priorities is needed.
- Providing customer service skills that are professional, patient and ‘people-first’.
- Engaging in team-based projects and problem-solving; willingness to assist with urgent projects as needed.
- Have the flexibility and willingness to adapt with project and workload shifts, and work evenings or weekends during Spring and Fall conferences, with travel within the state (once normal business operations resume safely)
TO APPLY: Please email your resume with 3 references and cover letter to Lena Workman (firstname.lastname@example.org), California WIC Association, by March 31, 2021.
The California WIC Association is a mission-driven, non-profit organization, that supports the 84 California local agencies providing services and benefits of the Special Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), a program of the United States Dept. of Agriculture (USDA). The 84 local agencies work under the direction of the California Department of Public Health. As a state WIC association, CWA supports the success and health of young families by working on behalf of the WIC local agencies. Our work includes employee professional development, education and communications, and advocacy. We have 5 permanent staff and 10 consultants, and work on projects with many local, state and national partners. Learn more about CWA at www.calwic.org