- Experience Level
Harder+Company Community Research seeks a Research Analyst to join our team of researchers committed to advancing equity to provide community-based, action-oriented evaluation and capacity-building to a broad range of social sector organizations.
As a Research Analyst you will:
- Work with teams of various sizes to provide evaluation, community needs assessment, capacity-building, strategic planning, and community engagement services;
- Provide technical input and support project design, quantitative and qualitative data collection, tool development, and analysis;
- Assist with preparation of accessible evaluation and research products, including logic models, surveys and interview protocols, content for reports and presentations; and
- Interface with our diverse client base and their stakeholders through in-person and virtual meetings, data collection, learning sessions, and written communication
Who We Are Seeking
- Applied Research Skills: You can apply your technical skills to multiple research methods and content areas.
- Collaborative & Dynamic Work Style: You enjoy working in teams, contributing to project goals and outcomes, and can pivot across projects and tasks while communicating in a timely fashion to your project teams.
- Social Sector Experience: You have experience in and are passionate about working with non-profits, community-based organizations, foundations, and/or public agencies, and have a strong commitment to advance social and racial justice.
- Diverse perspective, equity focus & intersectional lens: You bring and share your unique perspective and draw from your personal and professional experiences to make contributions to your work.
- Education + Experience: You have an associate degree in social sciences or related fields and relevant research experience.
More About Harder+Company
Who we are: Harder+Company helps public agencies, foundations, and nonprofits learn about their impact and sharpen their strategies to advance social change. Since 1986, we have blended sophisticated research methods with real-world insights to help clients better understand their work. Among other things, our consultants conduct rigorous evaluations, guide learning processes, help clients engage community members, and advise clients on strategies for the future. For more information about our firm, visit our website: www.harderco.com.
How we do our work: We use creative, culturally-responsive approaches to engaging communities and building the capacity of our clients and their partners. We engage our clients as partners to ensure that our approaches meet their needs and the needs of their stakeholders. Our dynamic, inclusive consulting approach allows our clients to reflect and develop new strategies over time. Our clients see our engagements as an opportunity to improve and leverage new information to strengthen programs and create lasting systems change.
Anti-racist journey: Our team is committed to being anti-racist. In doing so, we acknowledge that the systemic racism that permeates systems and structures in our society is also present in our organization. We are committed to actively work against racism in our organization and in our consulting practice. Our anti-racism organizational plan leads with race and recognizes intersectional identities (e.g., gender identity, sexual identity, ethnicity) that impact how we work together and with our clients.
We value our personal connections with our community. We enjoy having a physical space to connect in-person and look forward to returning to that when it is safe to do so. Currently, due to the State of California’s physical distancing guidelines in response to the coronavirus pandemic, our staff is working remotely across the metropolitan areas in which we operate (Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego). Thus, this position will be remote (i.e., working from home) and we encourage applications from within California.
This position is full-time with a starting annual salary of $55,000, commensurate with experience, plus a benefits package including medical, dental, vacation, holiday, retirement, professional development, and more!
As a company, we value diverse experiences and embrace and depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission. We are actively seeking a pool of candidates that reflect those core values Harder+Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
How to apply
Submit resume and cover letter through the following link: https://harderco.applytojob.com/apply/sw4fQpHHt1/Research-Analyst.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, faxes, or walk-ins, please.