4 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Are you a storyteller with an eye for design and an interest in social media? Please consider bringing your experience to the Food Bank to help us tell stories across a variety of mediums.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 220 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 5 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Marketing Manager to help support partners and participants.
The SF- Marin Food Bank’s (SFMFB) mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. The Marketing Manager will bring creativity and designing skills with a willingness to partner with others across the organization to accomplish shared goals. The Marketing Manager will create marketing collateral and ad campaigns that drive awareness that supports branding initiatives. This position will also lead projects from beginning to completion, working independently or collaboratively.
Design and storytelling
- Work closely across teams to shape our look and feel, build the story and narrative, and help develop our editorial calendar for both internally and externally communications
- Create marketing collateral and ad campaigns that drive awareness
- Draft copy, including emails, ads, social media posts, video scripts, infographics, and blog posts
- Create designs for primarily ads and social media
Social media strategy and execution
- Create content for and execute on social media strategy and plan, primarily through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Become team’s owner of the web page, and a go-to-editor to make the content engaging across the organization
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for impact, search, and user experience across channels
- Work in partnership with other designers and external agencies on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message and look and feel across channels
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, art direction, copywriting, and/or creating content for digital/social or similar
- Strong design skills
- Knows ins and out of Creative Cloud
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Data-driven, with a proven track record of decision making and problem-solving based on analytics across platforms
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Comfortable driving any projects and collateral production
- Proficiency in a language other than English is most appreciated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard office
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: NOT APPLICABLE.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of complex intellectual and practical problems.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform advanced math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Position covered by OPEIU Local 29 Bargaining Unit