Spanish Speaking Caseworker
- Experience Level
Position: Spanish Case Worker Part Time
Position Available: April 19, 2021
Tapestri Inc. is dedicated to ending violence and oppression in refugee and immigrant communities, using culturally competent and appropriate methods. As advocates for immigrant and refugee families affected by domestic violence, sexual assault and exploitation, Tapestri Inc. is committed to using education, community organizing, direct services and advocacy to improve the lives of those it serves.
Case Worker will be responsible for conducting Home Assessments and delivering Post Release Services to unaccompanied minors recently released from Office of Refugee Resettlement care across the state of Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.
• Travel to client’s home throughout Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee to deliver services
• Accept new cases and deliver services within specified time frame
• Ensure client is provided with a safe and healthy environment
• Ensure client is receiving needed services in a timely manner
• Monitor client’s progress and provide services, or refer to programs, as needed
• Conduct follow up meetings to ensure minor has accessed resources and services previously referred to by Tapestri
• Prepare progress notes and reports within specified time frame
• Maintain an accurate record of all cases and deadlines
• Develop community partnerships that lead to resources available for clients served
• Advocate for the rights of unaccompanied minors when services are denied
• Transport clients to appointments
• Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree social work (BSW) or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other Behavioral science equivalent.
• Background experience in child welfare, family preservation, foster care/adoption, or a related field
• Background-cleared (Background clearance includes State Child Abuse and Neglect Checks and Criminal Background Checks)
• Able to work a client ratio of 1:30 cases at any given time
• Familiarity with issues of refugee and immigrant victims
• Bilingual (Spanish) required
• Good writing skills
• Familiarity with MS Office
• Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• Reliable transportation and willingness to travel throughout the states of Georgia and Alabama
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
• Salary based on experience
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.