Director of Administration, Black Futures Lab & Black to the Future Action Fund
1 day left
- Experience Level
The Black Futures Lab 501(c)3 works to make Black communities powerful in politics. We transform Black communities into constituencies that wield independent, political power at the municipal, state, and federal level. The problems our communities face are complex; the solutions to those problems require imagination, experimentation, and political power. We advance strategies that help us imagine the alternatives we deserve, while building political power at the local, state and national level in order to implement those alternatives.
This position is shared with our sister entity Black to the Future Action Fund, a separate 501(c)4.
The Director of Administration leads the administrative arm of Black Futures Lab’s 501(c)3, 501(c)4, and PAC. The Director of Administration is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s day to day work is productive, efficient and effective. The Director of Administration will work closely with the Principal and our team of Directors to develop and manage organizational systems, processes and policies to guide this growing organization. Key components of this role include managing the day-to-day operations of the office, supervising administrative remote-staff; working with the Finance Director to monitor and track grants, budgets and to disburse funds to the departments; overseeing human resources requirements; developing systems for tracking projects, and contracts; and being the primary liaison with our fiscal sponsors. This position reports directly to the Principal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operations and Administration
- Work closely with the Principal, and the Director’s team to shape and implement sound, strategic operational plans. Systems include: managing c3/c4/PAC timesheets; reimbursement and credit card reconciliation processes and timelines; and new staff orientations;
- Develops, implements and monitors organizational systems, policies and procedures for efficient workflow and communication across departments
- Manage IT vendors and implement technology solutions and training that improves workflow and productivity, and drives efficiencies and growth;
- Ensure national, state, and local compliance for administration;
- Works with the Principal to coordinate long term organizational planning
- Oversees grant management, maintaining systems in conjunction with our fiscal sponsor to track and monitor grants, from proposal to report stage, in coordination with the Principal and Finance Director
- Oversee facilities.
Financial Management and Monitoring
- Serve as the primary liaison for fiscal sponsor, including: quarterly meetings to maintain healthy organizational relationships; understanding timelines and process requirements of fiscal sponsorship; coordinating with BFL staff to collect documents required to satisfy fiscal sponsorship requests; manage and respond to fiscal sponsor requests, etc.
- Negotiate and approve contracts, agreements, and leases; manage relationships and compliance for the organization; develop processes and systems across the organization;
- Manage procurement of goods and services across the organization, identifying areas of cost savings and efficiencies;
- Monitors Administration Department budget
- Works with Finance Director to monitor organizational and department budgets and ensure compliance
Human Resources and Personnel
- Work with staff across the organization to ensure consistency of administrative processes and create greater efficiencies;
- Manage compensation, benefits, and HR compliance by coordinating with fiscal sponsor;
- Hires, trains and supervises administrative staff
- Oversees and manages organizational hiring processes
- Maintains and regularly updates organizational operating manual
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as a member of the Director’s Team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of organizational operations management experience
- At least 3 years of Director-level organizational leadership experience
- At least 3 years of financial management experience or equivalent
- Working knowledge of 501(c)3, 501(c)4 and PAC administrative structures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Human resources and organizational development experience strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Black social justice ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of traditional civic engagement organizations, and clear ideas for how to innovate on those models
- Experience developing organizational systems and processes for effective political work; can match organizational strategy with effective systems to execute them
- Reliable and self motivated, with a high level of integrity
- Demonstrated track record of creating and managing effective administrative systems and policies
- Ability to work well with different people while addressing their specific needs with grace.
- A strong ability to anticipate the needs of the organization and proactively design and implement solutions problem
- Ability to support multiple staff, working in different locations in an effective way
- Ability to skillfully manage inter-organizational conflicts as they arise and support the team to maintain a positive working culture
- High expertise in the organizational rules for 510c3, 501c4, and PAC related to time-cards, fiscal compliance and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working with LGBTQOC communities
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse set of people, leaders and organizations to advance the mission of the work
- Ability to work long hours, nights and weekends
- All work conducted remotely, on a 10am-6pm basis Monday through Friday local time
- Work hours may be adjusted to accommodate team members in other time zones.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $90,000 - $110,000. Black Futures Lab offers comprehensive benefits packages including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance and other resources to support a centered, healthy quality of life for staff and their families.
HOW TO APPLY:
Position is open until filled. Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and 3 references to https://cpasf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=106
Salary is commensurate with experience, and Black Futures Lab also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a full-time exempt position. Salary range is $90,000 - $110,000.
Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, immigrants, youth, LGBTQ and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Civil Rights / Advocacy $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Administrative / Clerical Civil Rights / Advocacy $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Development / Fundraising Civil Rights / Advocacy $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Executive / Senior Management Civil Rights / Advocacy $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Oakland
- Human Resources / Recruiting Civil Rights / Advocacy $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Oakland