- Experience Level
Position Summary: We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as our Development Specialist. In this role, you will coordinate all fundraising initiatives, including walks, special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation, and grant writing. You will identify, organize, and manage the affiliate's fundraising activities, focusing on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities, and individuals. You will be social media savvy and enjoy creating epic campaigns that enhance our brand. You pride yourself in keeping up to date on current fundraising programs, best practices, and procedures used in the non-profit sector.
You will be a part of an Adapting team with a culture of emotionally mature, collaborative team members passionate about mental health care.
This is a full-time, exempt, 40 hours/week, including some nights and weekends. This position reports to the Development Manager.
- Create and implement diverse and sustainable strategies for donor development and cultivation.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships – individuals, faith groups, organizations, and corporations.
- Build and maintain relationships with major donors, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the Executive Director's solicitation, other staff, a board of volunteers, as appropriate.
- Create and implement major, planned, and volunteer giving programs in partnership with the Development Manager.
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
- Design and update collateral and marketing materials to support gift cultivation, direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other materials as needed.
- Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
- Provide timely acknowledgment of all gifts and donations.
- Coordinate all activities associated with the planning and implementing the local walks, including recruitment, retention, and cultivation of participants and teams, sponsors, and other volunteer leaders.
- Manage and oversee all fund development events.
- Promote events to the business community as a way to support the organization.\
- Ensure all events are successful and coordinated towards a common goal by partnering with appropriate staff and volunteers.
- Assist Development Manager with researching and writing grants as needed.
- Provide timely reporting and compliance for grant award documentation.
- Administer draw requests for any funding source which operates through a "drawdown" or reimbursement process.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated success in implementing fundraising strategies in a non-profit organization with at least 3+ years of professional development and fundraising experience in a mission-based or corporate organization. You will have a competitive drive, like managing multiple priorities, taking the initiative, and delivering high-quality products and services. You will have earned a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations, or related field. You will have the ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with various degrees of experience. You will be self-motivated and confident. You will have the ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge and supervise volunteers. The right candidate will also be proficient and experienced with the following:
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Donor database experience is desirable.
- Proven capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- Understanding cultivation and stewardship and developing long-term strategies for foundation supports that maximize their giving potential.
- Well organized with a proven ability to work in a demanding, multiple task environment.
- Personal and professional integrity, flexibility, and leadership qualities.
- Strong people and organizational skills, and a talent for building strong relationships throughout an organization and community.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a strong service orientation; detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- High level of accountability and ownership for delivering on goals.
This is not meant to be an all-encompassing description, and other responsibilities may be assigned.
All applicants will complete a Behavioral Assessment and must pass a background check.
About Us: As a non-profit, we advocate for all who are affected by mental illness, both the individuals and the people in their lives. In particular, we work to address disparities and injustices and promote dignity and inclusion for all people with mental illness and their families. In addition to being advocates, we educate, listen, and lead, as evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of numerous programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work, computer work, and interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Agency is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.