Director of Development
- Experience Level
Since 1970, the Food Research & Action Center (FRAC) has been the leading national organization working towards having more effective public and private policies to eradicate domestic hunger and undernutrition. Working alongside a national network of stakeholders, FRAC has protected and expanded the federal nutrition programs through its research, analyses, technical assistance, and communications.
FRAC is the leading national non-profit organization working to eradicate poverty-related hunger and undernutrition in the United States. In this role, FRAC leads efforts to identify and communicate the connections among poverty, hunger, and obesity among low-income people, while conducting research to document the extent of hunger, its impact, and effective solutions. In addition to research efforts, FRAC conducts public information campaigns to help promote changes in attitude and policies.
FRAC seeks a Director of Development to forge relationships, building FRAC’s visibility and financial resources while serving as an ambassador for the organization. The ideal candidate will build and deepen engagement with funders and drive broad awareness and support to the organization. The ideal Director of Development will be accustomed to managing a broad portfolio and will be critical to organizational success. A collaborative team player, the Director will help shape the organization’s future and will work directly with FRAC’s executives and the Board to steer thought leadership on hunger on a national stage. A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of ten years of non-profit fundraising or related experience.
- Established track record of building successful philanthropic relationships with foundations, corporations, and high-net-worth individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical data in an easily understandable manner.
- Exceptional and versatile writing skills, including the ability to draft compelling fundraising proposals and make presentations to the Board of Directors and other external parties.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and make decisions in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in digital marketing, social media campaigns, and online solicitation strategies.
- Demonstrated commitment to working for an organization dedicated to the promotion of social justice.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for FRAC. All of DRi's searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to email@example.com.