Health & Nature Fellowship
- Experience Level
The Health & Nature Fellowship is a 3-year position guiding the implementation and expansion of a city-wide green schoolyards program to improve the well-being of children and families in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan region. The Fellow will work to deepen relationships and partnerships throughout the city and region around a common goal of ensuring equitable access to nature for all of its benefits. This is a part-time, paid fellowship.
An ideal candidate will have existing relationships and a working understanding of non-profit, public and governance structures in the Atlanta Metropolitan area, the ability to work in politically sensitive environments, and is comfortable navigating professional sectors at varying levels of leadership.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Support Atlanta Public Schools in their participation of the 2021-2023 Green Schoolyards cohort:
- Act as on-the-ground liaison to move green schoolyard partnerships forward, formalizing cross-sector partnerships, policies and funding (e.g with city and county departments, school districts, park districts, health departments, non-profits, universities, water agencies, community organizations, out of school time providers, etc.), aligning visions and goals to develop long-term programs focused on developing and supporting green schoolyards for equitable access and community use.
Work with the C&NN Green Schoolyards team to:
- Host a pre-Conference one-day green schoolyard tour and green schoolyards network meeting in May 2022.
At the May 2022 C&NN Inside Out Leadership Summit in Atlanta, the fellow will share the scope of the project and opportunities to engage in the widespread implementation of green schoolyards throughout the Atlanta Metropolitan area.
As a capstone project, the fellow will create a resource and deliver a presentation to report on the challenges, opportunities, and potential structures for widespread implementation of green schoolyards throughout the Atlanta Metropolitan area.
A successful candidate will have the following skills, education and experience:
- 6 or more years relevant professional experience and academic studies
COMPENSATION & OTHER
Compensation: $50,000 per year
Status: Paid Fellowship (part-time)
Reports to: Director of Green Schoolyards for Healthy Communities
Start Date: April 15, 2021
Additionally, C&NN will provide the Fellow:
- Onboarding and introduction to local partners
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Health & Nature Fellowship” as Subject. In your email, briefly introduce yourself and share your vision for the impact of the fellowship. Attach your resume. An additional cover letter is not required.
We appreciate that diverse backgrounds, experiences, and styles contribute to greater impact and innovation. Talented and professional individuals who can relate to the challenges faced by diverse and underserved communities are encouraged to apply for open positions.