- Degree Level
- Some college
The primary responsibility of the Bookkeeper is to assist in areas related to finance, cash receipts, payroll, and financial filing systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs duties associated with accounts payable to include review of invoices for correctness, verification of backup documentation, entering of invoices into accounting system and payment of invoices, post credit card charges and process staff reimbursements on a weekly basis
- Maintains accounting files within approved procedures.
- Researches billing inquiries from vendors, management and liveSAFE Resources personnel
- Accounts Receivable: Process checks, cash and credit card receipts.
- Banking: Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Financial Reporting and Tracking: Assist Finance Director in generating reports for the Executive Director and the Board Finance Committee
- Accomplishes routine support tasks within the Finance/HR Department.
- Assist Finance Director in the preparation of monthly and quarterly grant reimbursement requests
- Serves as main backup for payroll.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Abila Fund Accounting (MIP) a plus.
- Self-directed, good time management skills, strong attention to detail, ability to communicate clearly
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be highly organized, accurate in completing work assignments.
- Must be computer literate and knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Strong oral communication skills required to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to prioritize all aspects of the job is a key to success.
- Must possess logical thinking and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- May be required to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Interpersonal skills (able to understand oral and written directives)
MINIMUM CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of two years vocational or college training in a field related to business management or accounting role. Three or more years in accounting or bookkeeping, including fluency in accrual accounting. Non-profit accounting experience a plus.
Must have valid driver’s license in State of Georgia and driving record must comply with insurance requirements. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of background and fingerprint checks, drug testing, and motor vehicle record checks.