Digital Marketing & Communications Senior Associate
- Experience Level
About Every Mother Counts
Every Mother Counts’ (EMC’s) mission is to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. We educate the public about maternal health and invest in community-led programs to improve access to essential maternity care. We engage communities, thought leaders, and partners in efforts to achieve quality, respectful, and equitable maternity care for all.
Who You Are
You are creative and mission-driven, with a strategic mindset. You are a capable go-getter ready to join our Communications and Engagement team. Our tight-knit team is small but mighty and, as the ideal candidate, you thrive in a fast-moving, multi-tasking environment. You are a superior writer with excellent digital marketing, graphic design, and writing skills, and care deeply about details and accuracy. Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, Storytelling & Digital Marketing, you will support all digital communications efforts across EMC’s digital channels, design social media content, and execute and steward content strategies for EMC’s growing audience.
Digital Marketing & Communications Senior Associate
The Digital Marketing & Communications Senior Associate will work closely with the Director of Communications, Storytelling & Digital Marketing to help drive and shape EMC’s online communication and engagement tactics. Supporting the strategy and goals of the team, the Senior Associate will field ongoing opportunities to conceive and design original brand content, including infographics and quotegraphics, write informational and storytelling content for all channels, and execute a variety of communications for a wide range of content needs. They must be digitally savvy with superior creative and writing capabilities; an eye for strong and sticky content; a deep understanding of social media engagement practices.
- Help develop and deliver engaging stories and content to support marketing and storytelling goals including: drafting social media posts, marketing and advocacy MailChimp emails, designing original infographics, developing blog posts and more.
- Help maintain overall look, feel, tone, voice and accuracy of all digital content, Including the design and development of graphics and posts for EMC’s social media channels that are on trend and impactful for the audience.
- Draft copy and contribute story ideas for EMC’s email newsletters, annual impact report, social channels and website; assist and communications metrics and reporting.
- Monitor online social media platforms and other channels for peer-to-peer/independent fundraisers initiated by members of the general public to benefit EMC; provide brand assets, coordinate agreements, and manage acknowledgments and follow-up as needed.
- Develop turnkey social media toolkits that enable influencers and partners to share our work and amplify our messaging, including copy and graphic design.
- Continuously seek to understand the broader context of global and domestic maternal health issues, looking for opportunities for EMC to maintain its position as a change leader; keep up to date with current affairs, adjacent topics, trends and issues delivering a pipeline of fresh ideas to the organization.
- Assist in identifying new opportunities to leverage our communications channels to support mission, including working with the Impact team to distill insights and translate them into messaging, as well as sourcing materials such as brand and photography assets.
- Assist the Managing Director, Communications, Development & Engagement with the fielding, vetting and prepping for speaking and media requests.
- Draft communications and marketing updates for staff, Board members, Founder’s Circle and other key stakeholders.
- Research opportunities and conduct outreach for virtual screenings of EMC’s films including our Giving Birth in America docuseries, Delivering Hope: Maternal Health Heroes, and coordinate/provide the necessary assets and materials to ensure success.
- Manage the archiving and organization of any communications-related materials and provide communications support to colleagues across departments.
- Manage and upkeep EMC’s creative asset library of photography, films, video assets, deal memos, shoot schedules and budgets, event and trip photos, and brand assets.
- Support photo and brand asset related requests from staff, including for press kits, development decks and other brand materials.
- Provide general administrative, creative and logistical support for all EMC events.
- Implement website updates via WordPress.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- 3+ years of relevant experience on a communications or marketing team with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Outstanding writing skills and a sharp eye for detail, including experience writing communications for a variety of audiences
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite proficient) and samples of relevant work to share, including social media graphics
- Extremely organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time and deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Excellent project management skills and track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver innovative and creative communications solutions.
- Natural collaborator who is effortlessly able to maintain professionalism, composure and poise while working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Remote work experience a plus.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and strong cross-cultural sensitivity with the ability to interact with internal and external constituents from a diversity of backgrounds
- Respect for our core values of equity, respect, community and compassion, with a good humor
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and comfort working in online CMS (WordPress) and e-CRM (MailChimp) platforms, Sprout Social and/or other social analytics tools, as well as ability to learn new platforms.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with the job title to which you are applying in the subject line of the application email. Equal Opportunity Employer.