Information Technology Manager
- Experience Level
Information Technology Manager
100 Black Men of America, Inc.
Founded in 1963, 100 Black Men of America, Inc.’s (The 100’s) mission is to improve the quality of life within our communities and enhance educational and economic opportunities for all African Americans.
We strive to serve as a beacon of leadership utilizing our diverse talents to create environments where our children are motivated to achieve, and empowered to become self-sufficient shareholders in the economic and social fabric of the communities we serve.
Revenues: $5-10 million
For more information, please visit www.100blackmen.org
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Information Technology Manager serves as a key leadership team member and active participant in making strategic decisions affecting The 100. In partnership with the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of 100 Black Men of America Inc.’s strategic technology plan. The successful candidate will oversee and direct the day-to-day activities of an organization’s information technology (IT) department, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely. IT manager will develop and implement networks and servers, respond to board, staff and member help requests, and monitor system stability and performance.
The IT manager provides guidance and leadership to the organization, but also directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Create and update websites (special events, pages, etc.)
- Manage network infrastructure (server and telephones)
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Create and manage member databases and portals
- Advise chapter network on effective technology strategies
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Manage annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Support virtual programming
- Support technology needs of national meetings and conferences, including streaming platforms
- Support non-technical areas and needs throughout organization
- Train chapters on effective technology strategies
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data management and data governance
- Knowledge of and experience with managing social media and streaming platforms (technology, not content)
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Video production and presentation experience
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite, financial software, database management, and electronic storage
- Ability to manage personnel
This position description describes essential functions and qualifications of the role as assigned by 100 Black Men of America, Inc. Management maintains the right to change reporting structure, assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time without restrictions.