Senior Manager, Training & Change Management
- Experience Level
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
The Technology, Product and Services team is responsible for managing a best-of-breed technology ecosystem, developing efficient processes, supporting department wide strategy and planning and stewarding donors with exceptional service.
The Senior Manager, Training & Change Management serves as a thought leader reporting to and supporting the new Director of Technology, Products and Services. The Senior Manager will create a new function within the Development Department, establishing the strategy and vision for leading the 70+ Development staff through significant changes to fundraising technology and business process. This role will be driving adoption of new fundraising technology systems and processes with empathetic communication strategies, thoughtful change management, detailed documentation, and end-user training.
The Senior Manager will also serve as a core member of the project delivery team for MSF-USA’s CRM migration. MSF-USA is beginning implementation of Salesforce NPSP to replace its legacy donor database, ROI Solutions, as well as implementing Springboard for online donations and re-integrating Salesforce Marketing Cloud with NPSP. This role will provide critical leadership for curriculum development, business process re-engineering, and change management throughout the lifetime of the project.
Business Process Development & Documentation
- Partner with Development strategy consultants, software implementation (SI) partner team, and MSF-USA Systems and Development teams to articulate end-user business processes during technical elaborations
- Ensure user workflows are fleshed out and documented to support easy adoption of software and reduce friction for common business processes
- Create end-user documentation and support references in a form that is easy to update and tailored to the needs of adult learners (e.g., cheat sheets, one-pagers, manuals, wiki articles, etc.)
- Support the development of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts and provide initial UAT-focused training to end user testers as necessary
Curriculum Development & Training Delivery
- Define a training approach and outcomes that best meets the needs of stakeholders impacted by the software rollout, including both:
- Initial training for go-live and onboarding of all MSF-USA users; and
- Recommendations for an ongoing training program to support MSF-USA’s use of Salesforce NPSP following project conclusion.
- Recommend training channels and media tailored to adult learners and to the learning curve of existing staff (e.g., video tutorials, live training, modular learning, worksheets, etc.)
- Review user stories and attend “Build”-phase demos to gain deep understanding of what is being built to meet user needs and identify where technical training will need to be supplemented with business process training
- Partner with and manage vendor Training personnel and workstream as primary point of contact, including directing SI partner training priorities and work as well as approving SI partner materials for use
- To the extent they support training outcomes, incorporate pre-fabricated training resources from Salesforce and/or software implementation partner (e.g., Trailheads, support articles)
- Deliver live training to onboard all MSF-USA users and provide frontline user support for several weeks following go-live
Internal Change Management Strategy & Execution
- Partner with and manage vendor change management personnel and workstream as primary point of contact on behalf of MSF-USA Development Department
- Internalize the current state of awareness of MSF-USA’s user base and assess the continuum of change management required to move users from their current state to a future state that supports coming software changes.
- This may require new stakeholder analysis, but should build from existing stakeholder analyses already in existence.
- Identify and execute on a monitoring and measurement approach for stakeholder readiness and adoption, particularly at the leadership level.
- Lead definition and execution on a project communications plan to message change and program initiatives to end users and other stakeholders, with an emphasis on leadership engagement, education, and buy-in
- Adopt and implement leading change management theories and practices to facilitate effective change
- Recommend “soft” change management touches through ongoing email communications, department- or org-wide presentations and demonstrations, intranet resources, etc.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing training programs, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- 3+ years of management or leadership experience
- Experience overseeing multiple vendor relationships, with the ability to lead meetings and monitor output/impact of vendors and consultants.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and comfort working in a high-energy, fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently; move projects from conceptual stages to launch; and handle multiple and often competing deadlines.
- Outstanding, proven time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal calmly with pressure and deadlines and to communicate with diplomacy.
- A strategic fundraising mindset with a service-oriented approach.
- Deep, demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience supporting and training fundraising staff in a nonprofit environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce platform
No phone calls or emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.