Bilingual Digital Literacy Instructors
- Degree Level
- Some college
Bilingual Digital Literacy Instructors – Part-time
10 – 20 hours per week
$20 - $25/hour depending on qualifications
The Bilingual Digital Literacy Instructors, who must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area, will be energetic and enthusiastic about providing quality digital literacy training to our learners and collaborating with team members to develop and improve digital literacy programs. We are looking for personable, hard-working team players who are open to learning new things, able to work on their own initiative, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment. Instruction will take place online using Zoom and a screen sharing program and in-person at a variety of training sites in San Francisco and on the East Bay. Ideal candidates should be passionate about digital literacy and public access to technology. The Digital Literacy Instructors will report to the Training Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Deliver Digital Literacy Training
- Complete and document online assessments of individuals to determine computer skills and training needs
- Deliver established curriculum in English and one or more of the following languages: Spanish/Tagalog to CTN adult learners. Written and spoken second language proficiency required.
- Provide translation of training materials and flyers as needed.
- Follow this curriculum to provide 1-on-1 or group training to help adults learn and practice basic computer skills and how to use the Internet.
- Complete post-training assessments to confirm basic computer skills were achieved.
2. Community Support
- Assist Program Manager in the orientation of new volunteers as needed.
- Act as CTN Representative and liaison within the Spanish/Tagalog and English speaking CTN learner communities (depending on instructor’s language proficiencies)
3. Service Delivery Coordination
- Support evaluation efforts related to programs
- Attend online planning meetings to assist with coordination of service delivery
4. Data Management & Reporting
- Ensure that all setup/follow-up and instruction hours are reported for each session
- Collect and report additional data about programs, services, and volunteers, as needed by CTN
5. Public Relations
- Represent CTN at community-based online and in-person events
- Use social media to share positive information about CTN programs
- 2 years of college/university-level study
- One-year experience delivering tutoring or training to adults
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in English and one or more of the following: Spanish/Tagalog
IDEAL APPLICANTS WILL POSSESS
- A community service track record
- Strong interest in the mission of CTN
- Computer and Internet proficiency, and a willingness to learn new technology tools
- Experience using cloud-based technology, such as Google Drive, and Dropbox, Google Meets and Zoom
- Experience using Android, Chromebooks, Windows and iOS smart devices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be calm under pressure
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to solve problems and think strategically
- Reliability and willingness to be flexible
Community Tech Network provides fair and equal employment opportunities for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Community Tech Network hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
HOW TO APPLY
Job open until filled.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Include “Bilingual Digital Literacy Instructors – Part-time” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Science / Technology Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Education / Teaching Science / Technology Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Science / Technology Part Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology / Data Management Science / Technology Part Time jobs in San Francisco