Chief Programs Officer
- Experience Level
Annandale Village seeks a Chief Programs Officer with strategic leadership experience in a nursing home, hospital, assisted living or other similarly-regulated environment. The Chief Programs Officer must be an effective leader with a proven track record of success in management, business operations, and customer service in a complex, multi-faceted organization. A passion for the work of Annandale Village, to match that of our leadership team and staff, is a must.
Position Description: Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and implementing client programs to include Assisted Living Community, Admissions, Health Services, Program Center, Residential Services, Social Services, the Skilled Nursing Facility, and Compliance to meet the needs of our clients, families, and state requirements. This includes the planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating, reporting, and budget management of these departments.
Minimum Qualifications: Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. Master’s degree preferred. Prefer Certified Assisted Living Manager and/or Licensed Nursing Home Administrator. Must have previous behavioral-health or healthcare experience. Prefer knowledge of and experience in intellectual disabilities/developmental disabilities field. Must have the ability to effectively supervise others and delegate authority. Must be able to perform under pressure and adapt to changing situations. Must have the ability to work toward and achieve deadlines and understand and manage budgets. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Class C Georgia Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and meet company policy regarding MVR requirements. Must meet state requirements regarding a Georgia, National, and FBI criminal history record check which requires fingerprinting. Must undergo and pass a drug screening as well as screening for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B. Must have current CPR/First Aid certification in accordance with state regulations.
- Analytical Skills
- Business Ethics and Compliance
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Service
- Managing People
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Safety Management
- Use of Technology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures all of our client's programs and services are in compliance with Annandale’s policies and procedures, state licensing requirements, and the rights of all of our clients through consistent and ongoing review, development, and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Supervise the recruitment, employment, and termination of staff. Inform and consult with the Human Resources Manager and the Chief Executive Officer of any planned termination of employees. Work with Administrators to insure that adequate numbers of staff are employed to meet the needs of the residents on a twenty-four hour basis.
- Assist departmental managers in supervision, scheduling, training, management, and counseling of all department staff in addition to supervising, management, scheduling, and counseling all departmental managers. Responsible for ensuring positive and productive communication between departmental staff, management team, and administrative team.
- Delegate to the Administrators the authority required for the performance of their jobs.
- Work with Administrators to plan and coordinate daily operations to ensure a seamless integration and delivery of programs and services to our clients.
- Evaluate the performance of each Administrator periodically and discuss the evaluation with the employee.
- Work with the Finance department to develop, plan, and implement annual budgets for the supervised departments. Ensure that expenses incurred in operating the supervised departments fall within given budget. Report reasons for budget variances and corrective actions about budget variances to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer each month.
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships with residents, families and sponsors. Encourage open communication between families, sponsors, our clients and Administrators and act as liaison as needed to support the needs of the client while also maintaining the policies of Annandale Village.
- Ensure the safety and security of Annandale staff and clients through training and implementation of security policies and procedures with the assistance of the Chief Compliance Officer, the Residential Manager, Residential Coordinator, and security staff.
- Coordinate the team to assist with external (i.e. State) and internal audits and facilitate the creation of any corrective action plans that become necessary.
- Serve as staff champion on and liaison to Board of Trustees committees related to the programs and services offered to the clients at Annandale, i.e. Mission Delivery Committee.
- Attend all required and assigned trainings and meetings.
- Evaluate and become an active member of appropriate industry/trade organizations.
- Perform other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of Annandale at Suwanee, Inc. to meet the personal service and care needs of the facility residents.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
You will also enjoy…
· Annandale Village is an AJC Tops Places to Work Company!
· A competitive salary
· Excellent benefits that include generous paid time off, excellent health insurance options and a 403b retirement savings plan with company match
· And so much more!”
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, graphic, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; use fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl. Employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 75 pounds (with assistance). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee is required to transport (drive) and assist our clients in and out of vehicles. Employee is required to perform CPR/First Aid.
Annandale Village is a Drug Free Work Place and E.O.E
Job Type: Full-time
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the safety & security of the individuals we serve and our staff has been of the utmost importance to us. Annandale Village follows stringent protocols which comply with the CDC, & our local public health guidelines.