- Position Type
- Full Time
About Hirsch Philanthropy Partners
Hirsch Philanthropy Partners believes in actively creating a more equitable and uplifting world through meaningful, high-impact collaboration.
As a pioneer in the field of philanthropic advising, Hirsch Philanthropy Partners has more than two decades of experience helping individuals, families, and foundations create and implement visionary giving strategies. Our team directs over $115M annually to the organizations, community leaders, and public sector agencies boldly solving our most pressing social issues. Our deep Bay Area and national roots and relationships catalyze potent connections and ignite change.
Our ability to bring people together to solve problems, belief in the possibility of innovative methods and surprising ideas, and courage to make the world better in spite of great disparities serve as the foundation for our work. We ask the right questions, design original solutions, and take big ideas to the next level.
While our world is complex and our challenges greater than ever, Hirsch's vision, optimism, and experience forge an ambitious path in response to growing and shifting demands. We know what’s possible because we’ve created impact for more than 20 years. Our team believes in the power of creating deep, systemic change for future generations. We believe that our work can transform the world.
Our talented staff have served as leaders of national nonprofits and congressional offices, management consultants, advertising executives, foundation staff, teachers, and advocates. We are specialists in a wide range of issues including education, democracy, health, racial and economic justice, environmental protection, the arts, community development and more.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website: www.hirschphilanthropy.com
The Senior Director is full-time role reporting directly to the CEO. As part of the firm’s senior management team, the Senior Director will help lead the firm to the next level of performance and growth in a rapidly evolving field.
Hirsch Philanthropy Partners has grown rapidly over the past decade, more than tripling in size, and continues to expand at a fast pace. We are seeking a unique business leader, one who is results oriented and mission-driven, seasoned and agile, strategic and process-minded. The ideal candidate will have experience in building relationships with high net worth individuals and significant philanthropic institutions, leading teams of professionals in program development and grant making, and participating on a leadership team that creates a respect-based, performance culture among a group of diverse, high-performing and talented individuals.
Client Relationship Management, Program Development and Team Leadership
• Build effective relationships with highly influential leaders and decision-makers;
• Develop trusted, long-term relationships with clients to create long-term strategies and/or execute shorter term projects for them;
• Lead client teams to:
− Create and implement strategic plans for philanthropic clients across a range of experience, interests, and giving levels;
− Design, develop and manage innovative philanthropic initiatives, signature projects and grant portfolios;
− Maintain strong relationships with grantee partners, community leaders and stakeholders to maximize impact;
− Assess and communicate program progress, challenges and opportunities;
− Partner with other funders, both within and outside of the firm, to increase philanthropic impact.
− Lead, manage and mentor firm professional staff to achieve a versatile, high-performing team.
• Successfully build the client base for the firm;
• Identify and cultivate potential clients;
• Engage in community and professional networks to expand recognition of the brand;
• Build strong relationships with referral partners;
• Lead meetings and write compelling proposals for potential clients with a diversity of interests and needs; and,
• Participate in the development of the firm’s overall strategy for business development in close partnership with the senior management team.
• Actively participate as a member of the Senior Management Team to guide firm’s programmatic, budget, HR and operational functions.
• Provide leadership to firm-wide projects such as those to develop firm products, build tools and systems;
• Take on other roles to support key needs of Hirsch Philanthropy Partners, as necessary.
Skills, Qualifications & Characteristics
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about working with donors and communities to create high-impact change.
Experience and Background Desired
• Broad experience (5+ years) working in a consulting role or professional services firm, relevant experience in a charitable foundation will be considered;
• Recognized innovator and leader in philanthropic, non-profit or public sector fields;
• Experience (5+ years) building and maintaining professional services relationships with high net-worth individuals, families and/or philanthropic foundations;
• Deep knowledge of philanthropic and non-profit institutions, structures and ecosystems;
• Experience managing successful and visible initiative(s) at broad scale;
• Significant leadership and organizational skills including managing complex, high impact teams;
• Experience in successfully working with complex family and organizational dynamics;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including significant experience in successfully crafting client proposals; and,
• An advanced degree in public policy, business administration, or another relevant field highly desired
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a competitive base salary, performance-based bonus and an excellent package of health, retirement savings and other benefits.
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, and Disability & Life Insurance: we offer several options for affordable healthcare coverage. In addition, we also provide life insurance, disability and other coverages.
• Paid Time Off and Holidays: we offer a competitive PTO package and an additional ten paid holidays each year.
• Flexible Work Arrangements: our firm supports a flexible work arrangement and offers eligible employees up to two remote workdays per week.
• 401(k) plan offered to eligible employees following 3 months of employment. Hirsch will match 3% of eligible compensation (immediate vesting), regardless of whether the employee participates in the plan.
• Additional Benefits: we also offer a pre-tax commuter benefit, flexible spending account, and volunteer leave.
*The company reserves the right to modify and change benefits as needed and at their sole discretion.
Location: Bay Area Preferred
For an initial conversation to explore this position or learn more, please contact Lisa Long at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hirsch Philanthropy Partners in an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background. We are committed to a collaborative work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.