Vice President of Operations
- Experience Level
During a time of accelerated growth, we are looking for a Vice President of Operations to focus on the effectiveness and scalability of Hack.Diversity’s program. This is an immense opportunity for the organization to build the Hack footprint beyond Boston and into a national organization. Reporting directly to President Jody Rose, this person will act as her right-hand partner to drive organizational development and capacity building. The VP of Operations will be responsible for all areas of Operations, Finance, and Human Resources.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Passionate about Hack.Diversity’s cause
- Experience growing and scaling a dynamic organization
- 5-10 plus years of operational, financial, and/or administrative experience
- Past experience designing, coordinating, and managing a program aligned with organizational goals; Has lead and drove operational processes throughout programs in the past
- Experience integrating and managing compliance, processes, and KPIs around an organization’s operational capabilities
- Ability to assess and transition a high-growth organization to new operational processes and standards
- Creative problem solver; resourceful, strategic, and analytical thinker with the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and take on additional responsibilities as the organization evolves and grows
- An entrepreneurial bent; a person who enjoys a small company and high-growth environment where decisions are made quickly and opportunities are seized
- A team-oriented style; the proven ability to work collaboratively and understands how to effectively manage up and down
- Experience within a growing nonprofit environment
- Experience with Racial Equity, Diversity, Inclusion practices
- Experience with corporate social responsibility evaluation and metrics
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and assess existing fellow processes, including recruitment, onboarding, and curriculum; ensure that processes are operationally and administratively excellent
- Define key operational standards and integrate long-term, strategic goals to drive improvement and innovation
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the program, including oversight and administration of the Fellow success team and management of the program development team, with a focus on Fellows and Alumni
- Review and optimize current operations and overhead to best support program evolution and scalability
- Implement and manage necessary forecasting, ERP, and HR systems, including technological infrastructure to support year-over-year program growth
- Oversee and drive the full spectrum of finance, accounting, and human resources processes and functions
- Develop and prepare ongoing financial projections, budgets, forecasts, and models to manage operations and prepare reporting packages for team, Board of Directors, program sponsors, and potential donors
- Manage and implement policies to meet 501(c)(3) legal requirements, with a focus on efficient and consistent operations in preparation for scale
- Partner with the senior leadership team and Board to execute the program’s strategic vision; collaborate with and advise the President on strategic program and geographic expansions
The VP of Operations will be joining a diverse team of 9 passionate individuals to serve dual constituencies of 100 Fellows and 31 employer partners, with big plans for growth over the next 5 years. In a stage of high growth from lean infrastructure, the Hack.Diversity culture is dynamic, collaborative, and feedback-driven. Each individual on the team manages their own verticals of project responsibilities, from scheduling meetings to logging records.
Our organizational values are the foundation for how we operate as a team:
- Systems are prototypes: If you want to build with us, you’re not attached to what has always been, and you don’t expect to succeed immediately.
- Iterative failure: Make mistakes. Just make sure version 2 is better than version 1. Our community is only effective when we are gutsy enough to fail and humble enough to improve together.
- Impact through Advocacy: Alongside our individual contributions, to join the Hack.Community is to fiercely advocate for our mission and community.
- Circular Accountability: Whether entering tech for the first time or the CEO, all play integral roles to advance our mission. We trust that commitments made are honored, and that feedback shared is considered to evaluate success.