Director of Corporate Relations
- Position Type
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for HRC’s National Corporate Sponsorship program, cause marketing relationships as well as providing direction for HRC’s broader interaction with the business community. The Director will also be critical in building partnerships and implementing solutions. This position will be managing the Corporate Development staff and will work closely with the HRC Foundation Workplace Equality Program.
• Direct the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Relations program. This encompasses management of staff, as well as the overall goals, strategies and initiatives required to raise money for the work of HRC through corporate channels.
• Oversee development and growth of the National Corporate Partner program revenue (currently approximately $5 million) as well as corporate fundraising for the HRC National Dinner (currently approximately $1 million). This includes identifying prospects, negotiating strategic agreements for new partnerships, and stewarding existing corporate relationships.
• Provide resources and direction to other development lines – such as Gala Events, Community Events, and others – to enhance their channels of corporate fundraising.
• Drive the identification and stewardship of cause marketing relationships.
• Work with the consumer marketing and communications/marketing team to fulfill cause marketing obligations.
• Provide direction on issues pertaining to corporate partnerships to senior HRC leadership when needed.
• Develop and lead executive briefings on corporate engagement and staff leadership at key events.
• Represent HRC in corporate settings and work with senior HRC staff to provide additional speakers and content for corporate partners when required.
• Lead regular discussions with the HRC Workplace Team to ensure strategic consistency and growth.
• Maintain working knowledge of the programs and resources of the HRC Foundation's Workplace Project and drive to engage with companies to improve internal corporate policies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• At least seven to ten years proven fundraising experience, including managing a non-profit development program at the director level; and/or experience in a corporate setting creating and stewarding external partnerships, with an emphasis on sales or marketing.
• Proven track record of significant leadership with at least seven to ten years of management/supervisory experience.
• Excellent presentation, writing, analytical and creative skills, with the ability to clearly articulate the work of HRC to corporate partners and the requests of corporate partners to HRC senior leadership.
• Must excel in building critical partnerships and formulating & implementing innovative solutions.
• Prior experience successfully managing budgets and staff.
• Previous cause marketing experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly changing organization, while answering to multiple competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
• Experience in a corporate position desired – especially LGBTQ marketing, diversity, or community/government relations.
• Solid understanding of the role companies can play to further LGBTQ Equality and the nuanced approach required to advance HRC's mission within corporate America.
• Flexibility with work schedule. When travel is safe, regular travel, (up to 30%) is required.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.