Director of Development
- Experience Level
About the Asian Pacific Fund
The Asian Pacific Fund is a community foundation with a mission to strengthen the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community in the Bay Area by increasing philanthropy and supporting the organizations that serve our most vulnerable community members. The Fund is the only foundation dedicated to improving the lives of the Bay Area’s Asians and Pacific Islanders with knowledge of the community’s needs and nonprofits who are making the most impact.
Since 1993, we have supported a network of over 80 affiliate organizations through grants and trainings who serve APIs across a wide range of needs including senior and youth services, health and well-being, counseling, legal services, advocacy, civic engagement, and arts and culture.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For more information, please visit our website at www.asianpacificfund.org.
Director of Development Overview
The Director of Development will work in partnership with the Executive Director to increase and mobilize resources to support the Bay Area’s most vulnerable Asians and Pacific Islanders. S/he will create and execute an annual development strategy to increase support from individual donors, corporate partners and foundations while also identifying new opportunities for growth. The Director of Development will work closely with the Senior Manager, Communications & Events on the Fund’s two major fundraising events and communication efforts directed towards donors. In addition, the Director of Development will supervise the Development & Administrative Coordinator who is responsible for managing the Fund’s Salesforce donor database, acknowledgement letters, and providing administrative support for the office.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director and work closely with APF’s board of directors, advisory council and the five other members of APF’s small but mighty team. Overall core responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the Executive Director, provide strategic, visionary leadership to create a development plan to grow annual fundraising goal from $700K to $1M+
- Develop a pipeline of new corporate sponsors and foundation prospects to support the Fund’s Annual Gala, API Summit and grantmaking initiatives
- Oversee solicitation and stewardship of foundation and corporate donors, including securing, preparing for, and proactively following up on foundation and corporate cultivation meetings, proposals, and reports
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop and execute strategy to nurture and grow the base of individual donors, including increasing touchpoints beyond the gala and end-of-year appeal, and exploring a planned giving program
- Work with the Executive Director and Senior Manager, Communications & Events to develop and execute a communications strategy that builds the APF brand and supports fundraising efforts, largely through social media, website and partnerships
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Communications & Events to create an annual year-end recap and e-newsletters that support development efforts
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with APF key organizational stakeholders and APF’s board of directors and advisory council, employee resource groups and nonprofit affiliates
- Work closely with the Development & Administrative Coordinator to build and improve systems for organizing and utilizing all information about past, current, and prospective donors via Salesforce dashboards and reports
- Manage and coach Development & Administrative Coordinator who maintains the Fund’s Salesforce database and provides administrative, accounting and IT support to the team
- A passion for the Asian Pacific Fund’s mission and demonstrated commitment to addressing issues facing the Asian American and Pacific Islander community
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Five-plus years experience in a senior level development role, ideally as development director
- Track record of successfully planning and executing development strategies that secure support from individual donors, corporations and foundations
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically while also being able to execute tactical tasks
- Highly organized, capable of balancing and prioritizing concurrent projects and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A strong communicator with excellent writing abilities, with emphasis on clear and compelling appeals, proposals and email requests
- A natural team player who enjoys supporting and collaborating with colleagues
- Knowledge of and experience working with using Salesforce as a donor database
This full-time position offers a non-profit salary commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, and a benefits package that includes generous vacation, medical and dental insurance, and the option of participating in pre-tax transit benefit program and/or a voluntary 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Application Process – PLEASE READ CLOSELY:
Send cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with a subject line beginning with this exact phrase: “DD 2021: Your Name.” Please tailor your cover letter to this job posting. Email submissions that do not follow these instructions may not be reviewed. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Executive / Senior Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco