- Degree Level
Position: Operations Coordinator
Type: Part-Time Consultant (flexible hours; increased hours during summer)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
nXu is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by leveraging social capital. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, nXu has developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. We offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and they also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for an effective and organized Operations Coordinator to join our fast-paced newer organization with a national footprint. By playing a role in establishing nXu as a premier operator focused on purpose, this individual will have responsibilities across multiple domains. The Operations Coordinator will develop and manage systems and processes to support our organization. They will work closely with the nXu team to support a wide range of projects including programming logistics, data analysis, and management. This individual will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth and efficient execution of various mission-driven initiatives. Through this role, the individual will gain a strong foundational understanding of multiple aspects of establishing and operating a non-profit organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming Operations & Logistics: Support youth and educator-facing programming to ensure a smooth and effective experience for participants. Prior to sessions, manage enrollment and application systems, survey responses and internal programming materials. During sessions, run operations (breakout groups, participant management) using Zoom and Nearpod. Post-sessions, manage survey data analysis and create materials for nXu partners.
- Data Analysis & Management: Analyze participant programming data and work closely with the nXu team to design and implement a data management system to support overall program success.
- Curricula Management: Organize the management and sharing of nXu curricula materials with educators and organizational partners.
- Additional Support: Support the nXu team in additional areas of the program operations process as needed.
Candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping people explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life.
- Adaptable and embraces a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment.
- Eagerness to support building of effective systems and processes to support programming.
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to connect across lines of difference.
- Experience interfacing with high school students.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong proficiency using Google Workspace products.
- Experience managing Zoom operations (breakout rooms, meeting registrations, etc.) for groups of 50 people or more.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback.
- At least three years of experience working in a programming and/or operations function, ideally in the education industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.