Capital Campaign Director
- Experience Level
SUMMARY: The Director of Capital Campaign will develop and execute the Capital Campaign raise, coach and train the development team, work with the Board of Directors and the Capital Campaign Leadership Council, and track progress. The ideal candidate is driven, organized, flexible, and has experience with major gifts fundraising and running a capital campaign from start to finish. The long-term vision for this role is to lead the capital campaign for two to three years and transition to a leadership role on the development team with a focus on individual fundraising.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with the President/CEO, Campaign Committee and Director of Development, devise and implement a multifaceted capital campaign that will support Advocate’s plans for executing its strategic plan of meeting its campaign goals.
- Establish the campaign’s solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists, prospect research, and prospect tracking.
- Develop and lead the execution of campaign cultivation plans, strategies including meeting requests, and metrics to monitor project success in collaboration with the development team, committee, and senior leadership.
- Collaborate with the Development Team’s marketing and communications staff to provide campaign collateral and communications materials, specifically materials for solicitation including print, web, and social media platforms.
- Lead, and provide guidance and support to volunteers serving on the Capital Campaign Committee.
- Identify donor prospects, provide guidance, prepare, and coach the President/CEO, campaign committee and development team when appropriate and be present during solicitations when required.
- Work collaboratively with all development team members to cultivate identified individuals and institutional prospects to complete solicitations and/or prepare and submit grant proposals with the Grants Manager.
- Devise and direct campaign cultivation and recognition events ensuring donor acknowledgement and naming opportunities, stewardship, and as appropriate, public recognition.
- Manage all campaign gift activity and correspondence in the database, including data entry, timely acknowledgments, pledge payment reminders, pledge agreements, and preparing and submitting reports to donors and those required by granting foundations and institutions.
- Maintain the campaign calendar, ensuring that it is coordinated with existing program and development calendars.
- Prepare all campaign presentations for the campaign committee, Board of Trustees and leadership team evaluating progress toward goals.
- Develop and manage Capital Campaign budget; monitor expenses to ensure program spending is within budget; monitor development income to ensure targets are being met.
- Complete disbursement requests, monthly expense reports and approve financial requests from team.
- Oversee the completion of campaign funding reports to each funder/donor according to their schedule.
- Provide timely campaign donor stewardship by acknowledging donations in a timely manner.
- Keep campaign donors informed about relevant news about Advocates and related issues.
- Attend training relating to professional growth; provide opportunities for professional development for staff.
- Demonstrate a commitment to PQI.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.