Program Supervisor - Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Hiring Bonus -$250 bonus upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.
Looking for a job that is different every day, fun, rewarding and provides growth?
Join our team and begin making a difference TODAY! The Program Supervisor is a case management role within Serra Center’s community based Independent Living Services (ILS) Program, with direct responsibility for the development of client services, assessment, supervision, training and evaluation pertaining to the assigned caseload.
The Program Supervisor is responsible for ensuring each individual receives training with Activities of Daily Living based on their assessed need and preference. The position starts as a part-time working supervisor role and increases to a full-time, exempt position as new client referrals are received to increase the caseload.
- Direct supervision and management of a caseload of individuals and their Instructors 70% of the work week
- Provide living skills instruction to clients at their homes 30% of the work week
- The qualified candidate must possess the leadership skills to think independently and guide others with solving problems. Prior supervisory and management experience is required.
- The individual must value team work and support a team-oriented work culture.
- Must possess the skill and knowledge to prioritize and effectively manage time to multi-task and meet required responsibilities and deadlines.
- Must possess experience and skill with case management, assessment and analysis.
- Must possess proficient writing skills. Writing sample is required.
- Prior experience in a non-profit environment working with the intellectually disabled population is preferred.
- Prior experience and knowledge of basic Windows PC operations is required -specifically Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess knowledge of and have experience with securing and managing public benefits (i.e. Medi-Cal, Social Security, IHSS, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field, social work or psychology is required. Proven experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- DOJ criminal clearance, pre-employment physical and TB test are required.
- Valid California driver’s license and a working, insured vehicle are required
- Must be willing to serve as back-up to the emergency on-call administrator as scheduled
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and mileage reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Part-time benefits: paid sick leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Medical – if working 30 hours per week
- Full-time benefits: PPO or HMO Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension Plan employer/employee funded), Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Vacation, Sick and 11 Holidays
- A friendly, professional and casual environment
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- license or certification : California Driver's License? (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place