Atlanta Community Coordinator
- Experience Level
Uplift Georgia’s main focus is to improve the lives of lower to middle income apartment complex residents by cultivating community and increasing social capital among neighbors. Uplift Georgia provides educational, enriching, and entertaining opportunities for residents to participate in together. We believe these shared experiences coupled with an increase of interaction between neighbors will ultimately lead to greater social capital, higher levels of trust, and an overall greater willingness to support and invest in the community. Uplift Georgia also aims to increase access to untapped resources available in a given community while simultaneously providing increased access to outside resources through the forging of relationships between residents and members of other supportive organizations.
Uplift Georgia and Dwell Communities are looking to hire a Community Coordinator for our West Atlanta communities. We are looking for someone to live on site and partner with the Director of Community Engagement and the Apartment Leasing/Management Team to enhance the community by providing events, experiences, education, and opportunities to our residents.
Community Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Planning, advertising, and hosting weekly & monthly activities for children and adolescents
- Planning, advertising, and hosting monthly activities for adults
- Meeting with children to provide assistance with homework.
- Providing support to residents for specific needs (children’s education, emergency food distributions, rent relief, employment, etc.)
- Writing and distributing monthly newsletters
- Facilitating summer and school break camps
- Serving lunches to children during summer break
- Connecting with community organizations to facilitate partnerships
- Planning and attending meetings with management to discuss community updates, personal progress, and resolving resident concerns
- Grant writing/research
- Handling on site issues for residents as needed
- Ensure that residents are having a positive living experience (including but not limited to: following up with new move-ins, handling tenant complaints, building strong relationships among neighbors)
- Attend weekly team meetings with other Community Coordinators and plan quarterly goals and monthly events as a team
- Advocating for residents in the community as well as internally on a company level
- Supporting residents through move-in and move-out process on an as-needed basis
- Conflict resolution/mediation
- Willing to move into an on-site apartment (Dwell @ The View, Dwell @ Hollywood, or Westside3)
- Self- Motivated, efficient, organized, the ability to take initiative, the ability to work well independently.
- Passionate about making a difference
- Strong interest and/or background in education, nonprofit, event planning, and community engagement.
- Strong time management skills
- Committed to working 40 hours/week (flexible schedule- Includes some weekdays off and some weekends on)
- Must submit a criminal background check
- Must have transportation.
- Must have a 4-year college degree or at least 3 years of experience in a related field
- Free rent, included as a part of salary package
- Health Benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible work location
- Gas and Phone allowance
- Funded educational opportunities
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to Emily@dwellcommunities.com
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta