- Degree Level
The Energy Innovation Center Institute (a 501C3 organization, the EICI) is in search of a mission aligned Administrative Manager to join our team immediately. The Administrative Manager will join a diverse team of individuals who are passionately committed to our mission and will help build our administrative, IT support, reporting, and programming capacity and overall organizational success.
The Administrative Manager will report directly to and primarily support the Senior Director of Programming with some responsibilities to support the President and CEO as well. Main responsibilities include overseeing general office duties, manage reporting, data base management of program participants and key performance indicators, manage personnel records, payroll, A/P, and provide first tier support of our IT hardware and software programs, and other responsibilities as more fully described below.
The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced office environment, be a self-starter, strong communicator, excellent team player, and able to complete tasks well and on time with minimum supervision. They will possess an innate ability to multi-task and to manage proactively, they should be results driven and a strong communicator. They should also share our commitment to employing new and innovative ways to achieve program goals and milestones.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Provide primary administrative and clerical support to the Senior Director of Programming,
- Prepare and submit reports, maintain data bases, and occasionally presentations,
- Provide IT/AV tier 1 support for office and program needs,
- Be able to keep a fleet of laptops, tablets, and teaching A/V equipment in good working order,
- Managing grant reporting and deliverables and help with grant writing program,
- Ensure all EICI policies, files, and reporting are up-to-date,
- Order office supplies and make sure office, meeting, and classrooms are cleaning, supplied, and in good working order,
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Database knowledge: experience creating, maintaining and entering information into databases would be highly valued,
- Organize new employee onboarding, maintain HR and corporate files,
- Help manage board meetings and related responsibilities,
- Prepare payroll, and initial A/P check processing,
- Maintain communication with vendors, service providers, and landlords,
- Answer office phones, schedule meetings, and manage meeting/classroom space,
- Organize meetings, conferences, and company events,
- Other responsibilities commensurate with the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Three to five years’ experience in similar position or highly comparable responsibilities,
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred but willing to consider applicates that have significant recent relevant experience that can be demonstrated,
- Some accounting, clerical experience, payroll, and IT tier 1 support experience required,
- High degree of comfort helping with low-level technology support,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with superior attention to detail,
- Proficient data base skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships quickly,
- High energy and positive attitude,
- Ability to work independently and with team members,
- Strong work ethic and a high sense of personal responsibility and accountability,
- Desire to be proactive and anticipate the needs of others,
- High level of computer equipment proficiency
- Professional level abilities in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and databases.