Associate for Affordable Senior Housing
- Position Type
- Full Time
Hampden Park Capital & Consulting (HPCC) seeks an Associate to join our growing team. HPCC is a nationally recognized capital provider and housing consultant based in Western Massachusetts. We assist mission-driven organizations in developing, financing, and preserving affordable senior housing. We will provide the Associate a unique opportunity to grow professionally and personally along with our mission-driven team members and business.
Our Programs and Services
HPCC blends our understanding of senior housing properties with our expertise in a wide range of federal financing products. We serve as a “one-stop shop” for our clients, where we can offer a seamless transition from our housing consulting to our FHA/USDA insured mortgage banking services. In addition to being licensed to underwrite FHA insured loan products, we are also able to assist clients with applications for capital advances, grants, and rental assistance (e.g. Section 202 Capital Advances, RAD, and rental assistance under HUD Notice H 2018-02 and H 2019-02).
We have more than 40 years of team experience in the development, financing, and preservation of affordable housing. HPCC has assisted over 100 nonprofits in redeveloping, constructing, financing and completing more than 12,000 units dedicated to low-income seniors from Connecticut to California.
Our small company prides itself on its entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. The Associate will join a team of seven people in a business that has active expansion plans.
We are based in the town of Longmeadow, in Western Massachusetts, from where we serve clients across the nation.
To create and preserve affordable housing in partnership with mission-driven organizations.
A world in which everyone lives in a comfortable, safe, and stable home.
Our Core Values
- Mission Driven: We passionately pursue our purpose of creating and preserving affordable housing. We measure our success based on the fulfillment of this mission, not on the number of transactions we close.
- Team Oriented: Our company culture is defined by comradery, professionalism, mutual respect, and a healthy dose of humor. Collaboration is key to each project we work on. We are honored to serve as a part of our clients’ teams.
- Integrity: We always strive to do what’s right, not what’s easy. We are committed to complete honesty. We take responsibility for what we do and when we do it and are accountable to our clients and ourselves.
- Client Focused: We are committed to our clients and their unique missions and goals. We guide each client with clear communication and personalized support to ensure they are equipped to make the right choices for their organization.
- Humility- We believe in putting the team before oneself. We listen to others and take their points of view into consideration. We are curious and always looking to learn. When success is earned, we recognize the contributions of each team member and our business partners.
The Associate Role
HPCC seeks an energetic Associate to join our team. They will prepare applications to HUD for rental assistance and new construction funds and contribute to the underwriting and mortgage credit review processes. The Associate will serve as a liaison between our clients, HUD, and other funding sources, executing tasks that contribute to the creation and preservation of affordable senior housing.
The Associate will report to the Director of Project Management and Operations. Over time, they may supervise one or more Analysts.
While we are currently working remotely, we expect the Associate to be based in Western Massachusetts or, at a minimum, to be in our office in Longmeadow an average of two days a week when the pandemic is over.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate will manage a portfolio of HPPC’s projects from initial client conversations to project completion. Duties will include:
- Creating applications for Rental Assistance, Preservation, and New Construction initiatives under HUD programs, which may include, but are not limited to: HUD RAD for PRAC, Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly Program, and new project-based rental assistance.
- Contributing to the underwriting and mortgage credit review processes, including performing a comprehensive financial analysis.
- Assisting clients in submitting Section 8/HAP contract renewal packages and guiding projects through to contract execution.
- Actively identifying funding opportunities, determining project feasibility, and presenting key strengths and weaknesses for particular development projects.
- Communicating routinely with clients, HUD and other outside parties to ensure that all project participants are consistently working toward the same goals and timelines.
- Providing HPCC staff with a weekly status update and working closely and openly with the HPCC team to resolve issues as they arise.
- Attending site visits, openings, conferences and other functions as necessary.
- Providing guidance and training to other staff.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is ambitious, flexible, and capable of wearing a variety of hats. They will enjoy working in a mission-driven business environment, and be able to work independently and collaborate with others. They should bring many of the following skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of affordable housing lending or project management experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with substantial coursework in accounting, finance or economics.
- A Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for some experience.
- Experience with FHA/HUD multifamily or health care lending programs strongly preferred.
- Experience with HAP contract renewals under the Section 8 Renewal Guide and implementation of new project-based voucher (PBV) and project based rental assistance (PBRA) contracts strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate data quickly, make decisions based on imperfect information, and take actions in order to assist the team in moving projects forward.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent team work skills, including an ability to work with both junior and senior level team members.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Well- developed writing, analytical, research, and oral presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- High integrity, internal drive to achieve, and strong intellectual curiosity.
We seek candidates who embrace our mission and bring a sense of passion and commitment to their work. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Selection Process
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your salary requirements and your qualifications for this position, along with a resume to: Ann L Silverman Consulting. No phone calls or letters please. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received. For more information, see our website. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hampden Park Capital and Consulting is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and cultures.