- Experience Level
We’re looking for a creative and energetic digital organizer to help us deepen and complement our field operations, specifically focusing on online organizing and communications. With fewer people reachable by landline, and more people spending time online, the success of modern campaigns and organizing efforts depends on our ability to reach our audiences on mobile devices, through social media, and across other relevant online platforms. This role will focus on building, engaging and growing our online community via social media, email, mobile, online advocacy and online fundraising. We have launched a major field project, and the Digital Organizer will be using digital tools to advance our organizing initiatives in the field and online, in order to mobilize and grow our statewide base of volunteers and supporters around our organizing campaigns. The Digital Organizer will join a hard-working, skilled and growing team of organizers, working closely with the Communications Manager. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about the fight for environmental justice and ready to take action in the fight against polluters and climate change.
● Develop organic and promoted content (including graphics and videos) for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitch, etc.) to identify and engage campaign supporters
● Organize online supporters to take offline actions in order to push our campaigns forward and integrate volunteers into our organization.
● Utilize social media, EveryAction and texting programs to maximize digital list building.
● Develop scripts for text message follow-up to accompany a field program, and use software like Hustle and Reach to contact people by text message and follow up appropriately
● Set up emails, donation forms, advocacy alerts, surveys, and other communications using EveryAction, Phone2Action, and Mobilize under the direction of the Communications Manager
● Perform data uploads to EveryAction email database and facilitate email campaign list selection, segmentation testing and apply strategies in collaboration with the Communications Manager
● Create and run A/B tests for emails, ads, and text messages as appropriate; analyze the performance of ads, emails, and text messages, and adjust content and strategies accordingly, as well as when needed to respond to breaking news
● Support the Organizing team and volunteers with data training, regular reports and daily use of EveryAction and or VAN
● Work with and train staff and volunteers on best online digital practices and support implementation.
● Engage supporters to take action, donate to GCV and keep in touch with our program through email, social media, digital ads, mobile platforms, website(s) and online mediums.
● Archive and tag all photo and video content across programs and campaigns.
● Work Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in one of the following fields: social media management, online organizing, online marketing, communications, email advocacy, or new media. Preferred field organizing, issue based or candidate campaign experience. Experience in a political context, preferably in a progressive or environmental organization strongly preferred.
● Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Forward-thinking, innovative, and creative mindset willing to push GCV to new boundaries in the online space and in relation to environmental justice. Experience using online tools to grow, engage and mobilize a membership base. Must have experience working with the VAN, EveryAction or other database. Can work with a team and in community; highly organized and interested in environmental or community issues. High proficiency or ability to learn Google Drive. CRM, CMS, and HTML coding skills are a plus. Preferred bilingual in English and Spanish.
● Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. The Digital Organizer should have a complex understanding of Georgia’s communities, an unwavering commitment to racial justice, and derive inspiration from the leadership of everyday people who stand up and stand together for the health of their families, communities and our planet.
● Conditions: This position will often require non-traditional hours and will involve work in the evenings and on the weekends. Ability to travel in-state and nationally, 10-30% of the time. This position is based in Atlanta, Georgia. However, other in-state locations may be considered.
Submit your cover letter and resume using the application found at gcvoters.org/careers by Monday, March 1,2021. No phone calls, please.