Graphic Designer + Art Space Coordinator
- Experience Level
Part-time: 30 hrs/wk (Temporary position with possibility for a permanent full-time position)
This is not a remote working position. You must be able to work on site at our Atlanta location, but will usually work on your own.
The Hambidge Center is looking to fill a hybrid position that’s primarily graphic design and marketing, but also offers a variety of other creative experiences working with artists of all disciplines.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include link to portfolio or upload as an attachment. No phone calls, please.
Responsibilities and Duties
Work with all team members to design all printed and digital marketing materials for Rabun Gap and Atlanta locations, including annual report, brochures, t-shirts, postcards, trade show graphics, signage, etc.
- Obtain quotes, bids and work with vendors to produce materials
- Send out monthly e-newsletters
- Oversee social media accounts
- Update website content as needed
- Will be expected to use/learn Mailchimp, Google Workspace, Survey Monkey, Squarespace, and other platforms
- Maintain and organize photo archive
- Research new outlets for advertising and new audiences to reach for public programming, the residency program, and workshops
- Make reports on analytics of advertising, social media, website
Art Space Coordinator:
Be the contact person for studio residents in the art space, helping to shape a community of creative people and showcasing their projects
- Plan and coordinate small events and art show openings with Covid-safe regulations in place
- Act as greeter in gallery space
- Attend some evening and weekend events
- Coordinate with volunteers
- Keep the office and public spaces clean and tidy
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Art, Communications or similar field
Minimum 2 years Graphic Design experience
Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
Familiarity with web design
Marketing experience is a plus
Photography and video editing skills are a plus
A deep appreciation of the arts and the creative process
Willingness to learn new skills
Strong attention to detail
Excellent language skills
Copy writing and proofing
Excellent at gathering and organizing information
Good collaborator, but can also take direction
Self-motivated and proactive
Pre-employment background check
About the Hambidge Center
For more than 85 years, the Hambidge Center has been nurturing creative talents within the arts and sciences at our 600-acre creative sanctuary in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Nine individuals spend between two weeks to a month in residence at a time with private accommodations and studio space. Each year, Hambidge welcomes over 170 Visual artists, writers, dancers, musicians, ceramicists, scientists, chefs, arts & culture administrators, and thinkers and doers of all kinds. The public is invited to the Center on Saturdays for a series of programs that include artist talks, nature hikes, gristmill visits, gallery openings and other special events.
In 2020, Hambidge launched the Cross-Pollination Art Lab in Atlanta. This initiative brings together creatives of all kinds to share ideas and experiment. This cultural hub offers pop-up exhibition and performance spaces while also providing eight multidisciplinary studio spaces. In February 2021, sixteen artists were awarded rent-free studio space for five months to launch an evolving, creative playground, celebrating experimentation among Atlanta's diverse and dynamic creative culture.