Capital Campaign Coordinator
- Degree Level
The Salvation Army, an internationally recognized non-profit, faith-based organization, has a job opening for a Capital Campaign Coordinator for the Metro Atlanta Area Command located in Norcross, Georgia.
Plans, coordinates, and supports the day-to-day administration of all aspects of the MAAC capital campaign activity including coordination of communication between all stakeholders and preparation and maintenance of all campaign donors, records, and reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations and fundraising. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software.
- Ability to maintain the security and accountability of donated funds and/or assets.
- Ability to perform all duties with an understanding of the mission, ministry, philosophy, culture, and protocol of The Salvation Army and conduct all duties in accordance with the ministry of the organization and its Christian principles; conducts all communications and job duties with the highest level of professionalism and donor care.
- Ability to apply discretion and independent judgement and exercise confidentiality.
- Ability to represent The Salvation Army in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to build effective relationships with donors, Advisory Board members and Council members.
- Ability to prepare and maintain up-to-date donor records, reports, and databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, highlighting efficiency in Excel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field,
Two years’ experience performing public relations and fundraising work,
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licenses and Certifications
Valid Driver’s License
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to meet attendance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate the English language.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to travel to various locations to develop personal relationships with donors.
- Duties are usually performed seated. Sitting may be relieved by brief or occasional periods of standing or walking.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
To apply, please click on the link below to be redirected to The Salvation Army website. Once on The Salvation Army website, please select the “Apply Now” icon at the bottom of the posting.
*Application Submittal Period: 02/12/2021 – 03/14/2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled