- Experience Level
Great Prospects, a 501c3 organization, provides post-secondary (after high school) and summer programs for adolescents and young adults with developmental disabilities, as well as social an respite events. Our mission is to provide meaningful connections for individuals with disabilities through continued educational enrichment, social interaction, community outreach and recreational programs. Our Vision Statement is "Empowering Special People".
We are seeking a self-directed and experienced Bookkeeper to oversee financial and accounting activities. This is a contract position and will be paid on an hourly basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping activities, as well as month and year-end close procedures. This position will report to the CEO.
● Adds transactions in Quickbooks weekly
● Monitors bank account weekly to flag any checks that have not been cashed
● Handles monthly Accounts Receivable
● Creates and sends a Profit and Loss statement, Balance Sheet, and Budget vs. Actuals report to the CEO and Board of Directors monthly
● Delivers requested documents to accountant at tax time
● Communicates with the CEO and Program Director about any questions or concerns
● Works with the CEO and Program Director to create a yearly budget in October
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with and maintaining accounting software application specifically QuickBooks online version.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as proven customer service skills.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting and auditing practices and principles.
- Ability to use sound judgement and work independently.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to perform accounting tasks in a timely, complete and accurate manner with great attention to detail.
- Experience in an association or other non-profit organization, including experience using an association management software, is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping/accounting experience
Email resume, cover letter, salary requirement and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE include salary requirement in cover letter. Only resume’s and cover letters with salary requirements submitted via email will be reviewed. We provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. PLEASE NOTE: NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK INS!